World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again everyone,

well I was just reading replies to part 1 when my phone went and Whopper said he wasn't waiting until 7, he wanted to get down there now. I told him where we could meet and off he went.

I was just putting the gear in the car when I had another phone call from my other mates who were going saying they were already there too..

Isn't everyone keen lol.

Well we arrived at Minnis about 7pm and walked a little way towards Reculver and met Whopper and my two mates.

We set up and started fishing and that was about as exciting as it got.

I missed a good bite while chatting. My mates each caught a 6" codling on lug/squid. More chatting. A few tiny bites but didn't get anything and finally I caught a 6" whiting.
That was it.
Started packing up and one of my mates had a small codling about a pound in weight.

Bait used was sandeel, fresh peeler, lug, salted lug, squid and mackerel and Whopper had some herring as well.
High tide was about 21:30.

While we were walking back to the car we spoke to creedy (nice to meet you at last) and between him and his friends they had 3 bass.

Not as productive a trip as we had expected but it was a pleasant evening and that is what we enjoy.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
I blanked FFS! Nevermind theres allways next time!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
nice to meet u guys proberly down tonight to see if i can get a few more bass out again tides a bit bigger and water is nice and clear and if its going to get cold that will really ruin the fishing next week so am going to make the most of it tonight

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not really fished Minnis Bay (And only live in Westbrook!) Where is the best place to go? I am definately thinking of a little dangle tonight as the missus has given me permission! Not a big caster so dont send me somewhere I need to get 150 yards out!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
if u want u can fish with me mate i am targeting bass tonight mainly close range tactics with big baits

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds good... what time you going? And where to meet?

Big Baits... Squid and lug?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fine by me as long as Creedy is ok.....

I think HT is at 10pm ish....

I would probably only fish a 2 to 3 hours up... but looking forward to a nice social fish!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
meet me by the slipway at about 7.45 will fish 2 hours up and about 1.5 down if u up for that let me no

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
yeah thats the one mate,

i will be fishing much further by the third set of stone groins i will be using two carbon metals and a anyfish eastry rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts