World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

gonna fish minnis tommorow and was wondering what bait i need?
also what fish do you get down there?
you get thornies down there so i am going to try for those.
what is the bait for thornies is it sandeel or herring.
gratefull on any info.

thanks alot

will93 :idea: :) :idea:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
thornies, sand eel,peeler crab,squid,,,,,,dog fish there,,,bass also ,,,,if the day is good weather wise ,,i might go for a little row, in the inflate,,,so i will be close in,,,im tempted to take a rod,,,will see

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
nice one ,i may see you there,,,fingers crossed for another good days weather

·
Registered
115 Posts
Urm.....ok, gonna admit to being the newbie fishercouple here :D

Where about is minnis, I assume it is a section near Reculver?

Dave n Kez

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be frank dave , i dont know where it is, I know its a couple of miles past reculver.
my dad takes me so i dont know.
It is sign posteted so you cant miss it. Its a town so your gonna pass it , its easy to get to.

will93

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i would take some crab, sandeel and squid. the tiny party squid are really good for the rays, i don't know if they stock it in your area.

i'm working in a tackle shop in margate tomoz if your having trouble getting bait locally then i could sort you out. PM me for details.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Big Guy,
Are You Talking About The Baby Squid Which Are About 1-4 Inches Long.
If So Do You Use Them Whole And Is That The Best Bait For The Thornies From the Shore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Urm.....ok, gonna admit to being the newbie fishercouple here :D

Where about is minnis, I assume it is a section near Reculver?

Dave n Kez
Minnis Bay is the beach at Birchington.

If you drive down the main street (station road) and keep on going, you will come to some traffic lights at a railway bridge. (then you know you are on the right road).
Keep on going until you get to the seafront.

Turn left and go as far as you can and you will see the Minnis pub. Park on the seafront if you can as it's free or there is a pay & display behind the pub.
walk down the ramp onto the prom and head towards Reculver (west) past the beach huts.

You will see some rock groynes and you can fish either before or after them.

If you go past the rock groynes and are level with a riding school/stables then you are at Plum Pudding island.

Hope this helps you.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Thanks Big Guy,
Are You Talking About The Baby Squid Which Are About 1-4 Inches Long.
If So Do You Use Them Whole And Is That The Best Bait For The Thornies From the Shore.
the shop i work in has got the tiny ones in (which i prefer). the body's are about 2 inces long.

i personally thread them on like a worm (straight through the middle of the body and head). then with the last one nick the tail end with the hook and pull all the way through (so the squid is on the snood, not the hook) then weave the rest of the squid on the hook as normal. this way the last squid stops the top ones pushing the last one over the hook point. you can use elastic if you really hitting it. these small squid seem to hold more scent and are more aerodynamic than a normal big one.

squid and sandeel will take the rays. the crabs haven't glutted yet, so they're not essential.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks For All The Info Big Guy, I Will Keep You Informed And Put Up Pics Of What I Caught.

Will93

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
cool mate.

make sure you get a few fish out for me as i'm working so that other lucky f**kers can go fishing. LOL.

good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts