World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

we decided to go fishing last night (even though the wind was northeasterly) and wanted to go somewhere that the youngest didn't have to cast from a beach.

Had a drive down to Ramsgate marina pool end (as she likes it there because she caught her first fish from that spot) but it was packed (where are the reports guys?), so headed down to the western undercliff but that was busy too, well the least snaggy places were, so headed over to minnis.
Parked up at the paddling pool end to get what shelter from the wind we could.

Set up and went to bait up with peeler but couldn't find the bait elastic. D'oh!
We baited up with lug and squid and on the first cast the youngest had quite a big eel but it fell off bringing it up the wall.

Squid was doing nothing so tried tipping the lug with shrimp and sandeel section.

I had a few really big bites that resulted in nothing so after 3 hours we packed up and went home.

We blanked but at least we were out there.

The kids had wanted a trip out in the dinghy this weekend but now they have seen why I said we wouldn't be going.

Maybe I will go tonight (with bait elastic).

Malcolm.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
unlucky malcolm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see you catch more in the dinghy now lol,,,thre was a comp on ther and ive not heard of the results,,,last week i think?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i went down the west cliff last night, beautiful night, no wind at all. i had 6- 7 dogs, the biggest being a 2lb fish on my quiver tip.

i'm off to 10th green tonight to try and pull out some rays and maybe an odd bass. your more than welcome to join me if you fancy it, i've even got some elastic you can borrow. LOL

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've done the bait elastic thing a few times!just pull some out of your socks,it dont do em much good but yer bait stops on the hook better!.....dave.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) I can picture it now ......Malcolm chasing his other half up and down the beach:wiggle: ...trying to get her knickers off:lmao:............ But dearest I only want the elastic:clap2:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
do birds really buy that? :g:

i'll give it ago next time i see a lovely lady on the beach. if i'm not on here for a while you'll know that things didn't go to plan and i've been nicked. :giveup: LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts