World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WENT TO MINNIS AGAIN LAST NIGHT TRYING FOR A THORNIE ,YES AGAIN GOT DOWN THERE ABOUT 7 AND THE TIDE WAS RIGHT OUT JUST ON THE TURN.I KNEW I HAD A BIT OF TIME TO KILL SO BEGAN TO SET UP THE TENT AS WE WERE GOING TO BE THERE ALL NIGHT AND IM GLAD I DID IT RAINED ALL NIGHT .THEN I SET UP MY RODS AND MADE A FIRE TO KEEP WARM AND PASS TIME I STARTED FISHING ABOUT 8.30 AT 9.20 HAD THE FIRST FISH A LITTLE BASS 10.00 HAD A SMALL WHITING 10.20 A BIT BIGGER BASS JUST UNDER 1lb 11.18 I GOT THAT BITE I WAS LOOKING FOR A NICE GENTLE PULL PULL (A THORNIE BITE) SO I LEFT IT AND THE BITE PROGRESSED SO I BEGAIN TO REEL IN AND YES IT WAS ON THERE THE THORNIE IVE BEEN WAITING FOR. I NEW IF I KEPT TRYING I WOULD GET THE FISH I WANTED I FINNALY BEAT MY PERSONAL BEST THORNIE WITH A LOVERLY 4lb 4, FISHED TILL 3 WITH PLENTY OF BITES BUT NO MORE FISH THEN RUN OUT OF BAIT .... MINNIS WHAT A PLACE.... CREEDYS JUST ADDING PICS

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi mate, looking to fish minnis within the next couple of weeks but have no idea whereabouts to fish! any suggestions(directions wold be appreciated), also which bait do you find is best for tempting the rays? very nice fish by the way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
well done wayne - knew you'd get one soon as you've been putting the effort in - lovely fish and hope you get more success soon - :clap3:

·
Banned
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Dan Hope You Can Come Tonight Lets Hope That Wind Stays Down And The Rain Leaves Us Alone Really Enjoyed It Last Night Was Dripping This Morning But Well Worth It.hey Codeye +mjjamnot Where U From If You Dont Mind Me Asking

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
mj is my cousin, we're from Gravesend

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great post and nice catch - I'm heading out tomorrow night for a session...haven't decided to fish Minnis or Crouch yet.

Decisions Decisions!!

·
Banned
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Ya Good Luck For Tom The Weathers Meant To Be Getting Up I Hope You Dont Get As Wet As I Did Im Off Again Tonight With Creedy Hopefully Might See A Hound Or A Bass Or More Rays Either Way Anything Would Be Great :) Go Give Minnis A Crack I Cant Get Enough Of The Place At The Mo

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cheers Dan Hope You Can Come Tonight Lets Hope That Wind Stays Down And The Rain Leaves Us Alone Really Enjoyed It Last Night Was Dripping This Morning But Well Worth It.hey Codeye +mjjamnot Where U From If You Dont Mind Me Asking
yo leadbeater i'm from beckenham m8

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
Oh Hi Ya Just Wonderd So Your You Had Any Nice Fish Lately
some of our sessions lately have been total pants as mj, real name Dan, does a lot of funny and late shifts so we get out whatever the weather whe4n he gets the chance but he had a 2lb smoothie at the admiralty a fewq weeks ago and lost on about 5 I would say at the bottom of the wall, and I had a2lb pollack at samphire about 3 weeks ago whilst penneling a whole squid at distance for bass,apart from that we've been bashing small stuff with a few keeper codling out of the Medway

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nice fish fella. i recon your trying to get the theramones from your missus gettintg your shock leader. LOL. i hope it was the right one.

you ever do low water over there.

i went for a couple of hours yesterday evening. had a 5 1/2 skate on the first chuck, but that was it for me. there was also another skate and 6-8 hounds by the other boys down there.

i'll prob be there tomoz evening if it aint too packed, anyone else going there?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts