World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got some reports from minnis.

i'm looking to get a ray or two tomoz night and need a venue thats producing over high water. :g:

i went and saw dave down 10th green (my original choice) and things were dismal down there :uhuh: unless it hotted up when i went.

so my second choice would usually be minnis, so any info would be very apreciated. :notworthy

M

·
0 Posts
Well me and Corrie went down the bay tonight and fished from 20:30 until 23:30ish.

We went up past the beach huts a couple of hundred yards and fished there.

I had two of the smallest whiting that I have caught this year and to be honest I didn't even know I had the first one on until I reeled in to check my bait.

We used fresh peeler, frozen sandeel, squid and salted lug.

Corrie didn't even get a bite.

One whiting was on sandeel and the other on crab.

I did see a car up a bit further so maybe creedy was at plum puding island.

There were a few people fishing halfway along the prom (between the paddling pool and slipway) but we didn't stop to see what they had caught. They had gone when we returned to the van.

That was it... at least I didn't get beaten tonight...

Malcolm.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Malcolm.
I thought I could see head lights along to the East
How far along can you drive?
Isnt there a barrier by the slipway to stop you?
I would love to drive to plum pudding cos by the time I had walked it my back would have given out and I'd need a car to get back.
I fished Minnis Sat night 6 till 10 at the last railing after the paddling pool.
Once again a blank!
B****y cold I could have done with my floaty!
A lad fishing gloser to the P Pool got a beautiful flounder on crab.
If you hear who it was let me know cos i took a photo of him and it.
His mate gave me an e-mail address to send a copy but it turned out to be incorrect.

M

·
0 Posts
Malcolm.
I thought I could see head lights along to the East
How far along can you drive?
Isnt there a barrier by the slipway to stop you?
I would love to drive to plum pudding cos by the time I had walked it my back would have given out and I'd need a car to get back.
I fished Minnis Sat night 6 till 10 at the last railing after the paddling pool.
Once again a blank!
B****y cold I could have done with my floaty!
A lad fishing gloser to the P Pool got a beautiful flounder on crab.
If you hear who it was let me know cos i took a photo of him and it.
His mate gave me an e-mail address to send a copy but it turned out to be incorrect.
Hi Keith,

we were to the west of minnis heading towards Reculver but before you get to the rock groynes.
We parked on the seafront and walked but since my partner bought a trolley it isn't so bad.
There is a barrier that is padlocked so unless you have a key I wouldn't advise driving up if it is open. Thanet council give the key to the barrier to boat owners who send in a copy of their boat insurance(with the correct form) and £20.
Last time I walked up to plum pudding was with whopper last year. It was blowing a gale and I was exhausted when we eventually got there.

I had said to my partner about fishing near the paddling pool but she wanted to go further up otherwise we would have met up.

I had been thinking about going tonight but ended up driving nearly to Oxford this afternoon to pick a boat up.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
I had been thinking about going tonight but ended up driving nearly to Oxford this afternoon to pick a boat up.

Malcolm.
Oh dear, someones got the boat bug!!!!!:) :) .

M

·
0 Posts
Oh dear, someones got the boat bug!!!!!:) :) .
Lee it was for my brother..

Mind you nice boat.. 21ft bayliner capri. Not got an engine yet but will probably end up (knowing him) with something around the 150hp mark.

He did say we could use it but probably a bit big to tow up to Essex lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts