World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

im heading down to minnis tomorow to try for some rays, im not really sure how to get there, is it easy to find? what bait sould i use and how far out do i need to be casting?

was thinking of fishing from afternoon untill about midnight will this be ok with tomorrows tides?

Cheers for any advice

Danny

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
u want to use sandells and peeler crab really for thornbacks and i have always found that big lug baits tend to find some bass cast about 50 yards out over high water, as for the thornbacks hit it as far as u can especally during the day distance still matters but not as much as darkness sets in, fish of the beach past the big rocks the other end of minnis bay over high then walk back up to the other end and fish of the rocks over low chesty's would be a advantage here hope this helps mate

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
bit of an iffy tide/ time. you'll be fishing high down so you'll have to travel from one end of the bay to the other. like creedy said.

it's pretty easy to find. from birchington you need to take the high street towards minnis village. keep going, through minnis until you reach the end of the road. the rocks/ paddling pool will be infront of you, to your left will be the bait beds. to fish over the high you'll need to park near the slipway and walk along the prom to whatever mark you wanna fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts