World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the deeps this morning. very quiet 1 tug on the float but missed it.i had 1 gentle tap/bite fishing bottom. struck into it and felt some nice weight only turned out to be a black bag. my second from the deeps not as big as the last time so another record gone begging.noticed some fish action about 30/40 yards out possibly mackies/ small bass.but left me feathers in the house.local louts have been down the deeps again bloody litter everwhere.all in all bad day broke the drag on my spinning reel??? :confused: 2 snap offs :mad: but at least i done some sun bathing :)

G

·
I know the feeling, I am going to have a crack at witches point tomorrow morning, using the float and beachcaster!

G

·
knightynose said:
fished the deeps this morning. very quiet 1 tug on the float but missed it.i had 1 gentle tap/bite fishing bottom. struck into it and felt some nice weight only turned out to be a black bag. my second from the deeps not as big as the last time so another record gone begging.noticed some fish action about 30/40 yards out possibly mackies/ small bass.but left me feathers in the house.local louts have been down the deeps again bloody litter everwhere.all in all bad day broke the drag on my spinning reel??? :confused: 2 snap offs :mad: but at least i done some sun bathing :)
How close was the float??

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In close to the rocks and i was fishing at a depth of about 8ft max. water clarity pretty good for down there.informed by tackle shop owner that they are catching pollack with a small redgill used on a float and gar on small mackie strips on the point. hope you have a better time than i had

1 - 4 of 4 Posts