World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody explain why the post that pauline made last night that caused her to give up fishing has went to Was it a moderators decision to totaly remove all threads relating to it or was it big brother I am asking because I have never seen this happening before (I dont want this to start a big debate or anything I am just curious as to why

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't know Isac, but I'd be very surprised if it wasnt removed by a moderator.
The "debate" did rather descend into a personal slagging match, and I genuinely hope that angling hasn't lost Pauline as a result - lord knows there are precious few female anglers as it is.

·
Registered
859 Posts
andy i was in the middle of reading that post today got to page 4 and nothing just vanished
and i think thats crap i am really thinking of just giving up on here cause i think its just getting silly sometimes i got to say its getting to the stage that ppl dont wanna say anything on here now awell anyway m8ty hows it going well will be fishing sunday not sure were yet was hoping to go to the etive meet but work has just come in so thats my weekend nacked till sunday

G

·
It was removed by a Moderator at Paulines own request.
PS Pauline is still about and I am sure it wont be long before she posts again. She is probably just keeping a low profile at the moment until things die down:group:

·
Registered
859 Posts
awell thats fair enough well i hope pauline has a rethink and just puts it behind her

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks I did not know that you are able to request for a thread to be deleated I can understand why she did though.But its pity she has said she is going to quit as others have said.

Ramcheck will actually going fishing on saturday night for conger a club match (weigh and release.) Dougy will be coming down to try his luck I think it will be his first time targeting them.Will let you know the results later.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i wouldnt be suprised if alchohol played a part in last nights proceedings

what am i saying of course i was drunk no suprise at all lol .

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
nah lobbit i think some people were just pi55ed off, and i dont think its fair for all the other guys that were on here to say she has quit because of comments that were made, comments are made every day and what about the ones that were made to the two guys involved.

·
Registered
55 Posts
nah lobbit i think some people were just pi55ed off, and i dont think its fair for all the other guys that were on here to say she has quit because of comments that were made, comments are made every day and what about the ones that were made to the two guys involved.
we were well ****ed off, but truth be told i don't care what someone i don't know thinks about me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
agree with that it should mabey have been taken of a lot sooner than it was.
I cant remember who it was that posted my picture selling the big issue in sauchihall st so bang goes my lawsuit for some new fishing tackle.LOL

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
we were well ****ed off, but truth be told i don't care what someone i don't know thinks about me.
well said..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Its easy for people to get carried away with their comments when they are on a keyboard rather than speaking to someone face to face where they may not be as forthright IMO.

Its one thing to say that you arent going to use the forum any more, but i certainly wouldnt be giving up fishing if it was me because of a few comments on a forum.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion & hopefully lessons will be learned on both sides that its very easy to escalate into a personal slanging match, which really isnt very nice.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
agree with that it should mabey have been taken of a lot sooner than it was.
yeah alot sooner, and if people remember right, she blanked a wee while ago at inverary and said she was quitting then aswell. maybe its just not her game

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its easy for people to get carried away with their comments when they are on a keyboard rather than speaking to someone face to face where they may not be as forthright IMO.

Its one thing to say that you arent going to use the forum any more, but i certainly wouldnt be giving up fishing if it was me because of a few comments on a forum.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion & hopefully lessons will be learned on both sides that its very easy to escalate into a personal slanging match, which really isnt very nice.
Lot of common sense being spoken tonight

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
yeah isac for a change lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah alot sooner, and if people remember right, she blanked a wee while ago at inverary and said she was quitting then aswell. maybe its just not her game
Iknow what you are saying about quitting when you blank I have said that for about the last 40 years every time I blank but I know that I never will because the next fish might be that big one.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
same here but i know i will never do it as its my sanity, and my missus hates it so thats a good thing, which makes me more determined to never chuck it

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.