World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Maryport promenade on saturday with a few mates ,I was happy catching a few plaice and crabs on black lug baits ,when all of a sudden this came along and completely ruined the day .haha

It wasn't weighed as i wanted it back in the water asap .lets just say it was over 10lb.
But by the time I got home and told my kids it had turned into a 2 tonne man eating great white shark.:marinheir

As quite a few people will know, i've been after one of these beauties for a long time.
A double figure cod from the shore is the next goal ,I've been trying for over 30 years ,so theres no rush.:crazy:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished Maryport promenade on saturday with a few mates ,I was happy catching a few plaice and crabs on black lug baits ,when all of a sudden this came along and completely ruined the day .haha

It wasn't weighed as i wanted it back in the water asap .lets just say it was over 10lb.
But by the time I got home and told my kids it had turned into a 2 tonne man eating great white shark.:marinheir

As quite a few people will know, i've been after one of these beauties for a long time.
A double figure cod from the shore is the next goal ,I've been trying for over 30 years ,so theres no rush.:crazy:
bi gum nige what a cracking fish and from the shore, well done mate, :1a: :1a:

G

·
sure was a good en nige,when i saw that beauty surface i was chuffed for you! guess what i'll be targetting from now until the coddies show!:thumbs:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That peg has been extremely productive for me, the last time i fished it (about 4 or 5 years ago) i was fortunate enough to catch a conger of 25lb + ,scales only went up to 20lb .It was 5 foot 9 inch long.

Howard who runs my local tackle shop was "voted" to go and bring it up the slipway.No body else wanted that task.:nonono:

·
Registered
74 Posts
WELL DONE NIGE ,SMOTHIE AT LASTTTTTTTTT.CRACKING FISH :clap2:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Great fish to land, me and sandhog were fishing by the seacadet's and seen a few fishing halfway down prom, It was the maryport juniour match on the pier, sandhog's lad was in it so we had a fish but not a thing, there's been 2 more caught last week on the pier but not that big. well done.:clap2:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Further to our telephone conversation of the 10th inst,

Bloody well done mate.:victory::notworthy:crazy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts