World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
522 Posts
is a flounder with spots a plaice??? so many on here seem to think so, but ive seen the pics and they look like flounder!!! :g:

i ask as its seems a common fault to mix a flounder and a plaice, but then ask if a handful of spots make a plaice, or whether they be bright orange spots or not and become the less fancied flounder with lesser spots/marks??????! its under-rated. ....... enjoy. :) the flounder is as good!

Hi roofer, i have not seen many pics of flounders with spots on the threads or posts lately.

Myself and tony c have taken a lot of pictures lately of plaice that have been caught around the Fleetwood area. When taking a photo sometimes the fish is spinning or curled up, and you don't get a very good image. So to write,
[ is a flounder with spots a plaice??? so many on here seem to think so ]. That line seems to imply that a lot of anglers on this site do not no the difference !! or the ones that are writing the thread. This is just a thought. :idea:

Just to give you a rough idea, young Aaron caught his first plaice yesterday, but to look at the photo you would think it was a flounder. At low water we could not get within 20-30yds of the waters edge, so when you caught you had to drag your fish over the mud,[8 inches deep] for 20 yds. Plus the shot of the fish is at an angle.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
522 Posts
Well done again Aaron on catching your first fish, and on your very first outing.:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.