World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright all,

having read loads into winter clothing i have decided what to get glove wise... however finding a pair is proving quite hard! i cant be dealing with a normal pair of gloves as whenever you bait up the gloves have to come off etc.

so what im going for or looking for is a pair of very warm mountaineering mittens with a flap that covers the fingers, so when you bait up you can pull the flap back and the mittens are fingerless gloves and after cast out just pull the flap back over your fingers.

if anyone can find a good pair on the net and post a link i will love you long time :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Used to use mittens years ago had trouble with the flaps coming back over when casting and they stink after a while and are also bulky when baiting up, the neoprene gloves with the fingers that fold back are just the job or a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves with the index finger and thumb cut back to the first finger joint work well.
Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
gloves or mittens in my experiance are at best a hinderance at worst make you hands colder due to bait juices etc.
Better of with a pair of hanwarmers in your pockets a dry towel to wipe hands after baiting up, get hands in your pockets after casting out.
a dry towel to wipe hands after baiting up and casting out is a minimum requirement and goes a long way to keeping hands warmer IMHO

Rich

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Getting back to the OPs original question, yes mate, I know where you can get some....TOG24 do Mittens with fold back tops, tried some on the weekend just gone, fingers a bit tight on me though, think they do 2 or 3 different mitts, maybe just what you are looking for.

lighty

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I've used Damart thermolactyl fingerless gloves for years. They're great and you dont need to take them off to rebait, cast etc... Buy online @ £11.00 plus P&P. Bit expensive for what they are but well worth it.

If they get wet wring them out and put them back on, or have a spare pair! I've found that getting the inside of the glove doesn't matter as long as the back of the hand stays dry.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Gotta admit, how right you are about the Damart gloves, those and the Double force Longjohns and top reign supreme in
my household. I can't wear fingerless gloves but wear the full gloves. Think that if your body stays warm it helps with keeping your hands warm too.

lighty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts