World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions looked quite 'bassy' as I arrived at low water (4.30pm) and quickly pumped a couple of dozen lug. 2 rods both with single size 1/0 hooks were soon in the water. There was a nice surf running to start with, although it did die away as the wind dropped.

Had a mixture of school bass (30-32cm) and flounders during the first couple of hours, one flounder going 38cm, together with a small codling. Thought I'd avoided the whiting but they came on strong as soon as there was a bit of depth to the water and my last three casts all produced pin whiting so decided to call it a day at around 7-30pm.

Registered
Conditions looked quite 'bassy' as I arrived at low water (4.30pm) and quickly pumped a couple of dozen lug. 2 rods both with single size 1/0 hooks were soon in the water. There was a nice surf running to start with, although it did die away as the wind dropped.

Had a mixture of school bass (30-32cm) and flounders during the first couple of hours, one flounder going 38cm, together with a small codling. Thought I'd avoided the whiting but they came on strong as soon as there was a bit of depth to the water and my last three casts all produced pin whiting so decided to call it a day at around 7-30pm.
Good session bearing in mind the reports around the south coast generally. Never know it could be the ultra fresh bait. Strange about the whiting. Not seen one in my last four outings around Brighton and Hove.

Registered
Good session mate. Thought about going over there myself last night. But the beers persuaded me not to.

Registered
Nice session, and the second one from that neck of the woods. The fish seem to be east and west of Seaford......is it something we said?

Registered
well done mate some schoolies as well, nice flounder at 38cm, i had one at langney last week went 1lb 1oz, Steve

Registered
Nice one Another blank....you need a change of user name lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts