World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a sad fact that when we as an area (south and West Wales) want to discuss something that affects our fishing in this area (as it is probably amongst the top Bass venues in the country) we get locked, moved or sometimes even deleted. Surely if a post is put up on a part of the forum for a particular area it is intended that those who read that thread will become engaged as it is very much to do with fishing in the local areas! Rules are rules you may say but let's be fair acting like demi-gods locking perfectly innocent and relative threads does nobody any favours. I will not PM anyone of you as I already sent a PM to Mike Thrussel Jnr without even an acknowledgement. I also know that you Mods do this voluntarily spending your time looking for threads in the wrong place or hinting at a possible political agenda, rather go fishing myself but hey ho best of trolling to you. John about to be locked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
13,170 Posts
Has it not occurred to you that the Mods are merely applying the rules (as set down by Mike). Perhaps you have not seen what the site was like when "fishing politics" threads spread into the Reports sections? Actually it was a bit like what you are doing now. Starting argumentative threads there, which either belonged elsewhere or not at all.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
John, I honestly & truly sympathise & agree with you , yet I also know why many of the threads that slide over into political or have general infantile name calling & dummy spitting content get blocked / locked or removed.

It's because Mike has a legal obligation not to publish anything that could be construed as libelous . It could be financially ruinous for him.if he does .
The other thing is a lot of folk that visit the site couldn't giver a tinkers cuss about such things .
So when they see their favourite sea angling area threads full of childishness , bile and spite they rightly protest .
I guess there will also be some who are not so grown up & having opposing views to yours or the gist of the thread will just report a thread for the hell of it, Or go for broke and post anything they can to get a thread closed ..if they get banned they may come back under a different ID but usually these types get outed very quickly as they revert to their normal standards within a few posts ..

Those that do feel they have an interest and a sensible point of view can try and understand others points of view and just agree to disagree . If someone gets up your nose put them on ignore & don't tell them or anyone else ( they 'll be left like an idiot wondering why no one answers their posts or rises like a hungry fish to take their bait ) . Better still just leave it alone in the thread ..if the subject becomes too fraught the mods will pull the plug on it . sometimes giving a conduct warning or even a ban to the irritant concerned .
Whatever you do don't get up tight about it all .
It's alway good to have someone disagree with your point of view . For then you can either look much deeper into why you have formed your view & either modify it after getting better info or know that your view is the sounder one..just don't brag about it .

Tight lines

All the best
Dave.

·
13,170 Posts
David's post is a little less sharp than mine......and puts it much better:)

·
Premium Member
9,551 Posts
I totally sympathise with you John ( backtobasics ) but what Gulp and David say is true.

Those who know me will know that I'm no stranger to having a thread closed, my posts edited and even a few short bans. Not to mention occasionally upsetting and irritating other members.

Aggravating those who are there ( for whatever personal reason ) to monitor our treads is not the way to go.
I know it's hard to bite ones tongue at times but the alternative will only end up in a total ban and one wants to see that happen.

Take deep breath. Grab a rod, and go fishing............ works for me !!!

Reactions: bubbles

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
62,578 Posts
Please keep these AP threads to the general sea angling forum as per the rules :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think the mods do a good job and get little thanks for it. In this case I'm sure they are just doing what they have to. I do think that the current Bass thread in General is not fit for purpose though. It's too long to read in its entirety and a handful of posters dominate. Other input just gets swamped. I'd like to see one thread allowed per regional forum but understand that it's not going to happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.