World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i am looking for material that shows me a good representation of the sea bed around the mull of galloway, charts with depth readings, underwater rocky out crops, reefs etc

this is just so i can see what lies around the coast as i am a shore angler, paper maps would be ideal, ones i can purchase and keep would be great,

if you can think of any material evenb if its just for refference on computer that would aloso be great,

cheers
scott

ps mods, please do not move this topic as i would like it to remain solely in the scotland forum, cheers

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
Hi guys i am looking for material that shows me a good representation of the sea bed around the mull of galloway, charts with depth readings, underwater rocky out crops, reefs etc

this is just so i can see what lies around the coast as i am a shore angler, paper maps would be ideal, ones i can purchase and keep would be great,

if you can think of any material evenb if its just for refference on computer that would aloso be great,

cheers
scott

ps mods, please do not move this topic as i would like it to remain solely in the scotland forum, cheers
Hi Scott

If you can wait a couple of weeks I will get you an old out of date chart off the big boat and post it to you, don't worry about the out of date part, it will be OK for what you want, the rocks and reefs etc never move, but we need to always have updated ones by law, even though we have Electronic versions of every single UK chart on two completely seperate plotter systems.

It would however have "not for navigational use" written across it in big letters, but I would write it well away from the area you want. Sorry, but it's an essential cover my arse thing which anyone giving an out of date chart to anyone should do.

I have a full blown system on one of my home computers as well but have absolutely no idea how or if I could send what you want from it.

You might find having a wee play with this useful, it's OK and interesting for some areas..........the Mull is not on the freebie part in any great detail, but the Kirkcudbright Bay, Stranraer and Portpatrick areas are as good as you will get, you can zoom in and get all the detail you could ever want........:)

http://www.visitmyharbour.com/harbours/west-scotland-northern-ireland/?pg=2&

Paper charts cost £20ish to buy if you are in a hurry but if not PM me your addy and I will send one off to you next time I am home........:thumbs:

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Scott

If you can wait a couple of weeks I will get you an old out of date chart off the big boat and post it to you, don't worry about the out of date part, it will be OK for what you want, the rocks and reefs etc never move, but we need to always have updated ones by law, even though we have Electronic versions of every single UK chart on two completely seperate plotter systems.

It would however have "not for navigational use" written across it in big letters, but I would write it well away from the area you want. Sorry, but it's an essential cover my arse thing which anyone giving an out of date chart to anyone should do.

I have a full blown system on one of my home computers as well but have absolutely no idea how or if I could send what you want from it.

You might find having a wee play with this useful, it's OK and interesting for some areas..........the Mull is not on the freebie part in any great detail, but the Kirkcudbright Bay, Stranraer and Portpatrick areas are as good as you will get, you can zoom in and get all the detail you could ever want........:)

http://www.visitmyharbour.com/harbours/west-scotland-northern-ireland/?pg=2&

Paper charts cost £20ish to buy if you are in a hurry but if not PM me your addy and I will send one off to you next time I am home........:thumbs:
cheers for that link, very handy and i can get it to work lol, i would appreciate an old chart from you whenever you can, big letters somewhere ( out the way :D ) on it doesnt really worry me lol,

Sandtiger cheers for that, im guessing these are products that i would need to buy and are quite expensive for what im after, i tried to see if they had charts to look at but from what i could see they were more along the lines of selling a product, thats from what i could see, i could of been using it wrong.

cheers for the imput guys its much apprecaiated :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Sandtiger cheers for that, im guessing these are products that i would need to buy and are quite expensive for what im after, i tried to see if they had charts to look at but from what i could see they were more along the lines of selling a product, thats from what i could see, i could of been using it wrong.

cheers for the imput guys its much apprecaiated :D
Hi Scott

No need to put your hand in your pocket now matey, I was hoping someone would have some old ones kicking around, which will be more than adequate for what you are intending to use them for :)

Another handy site for you (but without water depths) - http://explore.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/search?routeEditor_search_location=scrabster&x=0&y=0

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers guys, hopefully start to put this to good use :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts