World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan was a few hours float fishing at a rock mark near Port Logan but with these north westerlies that was a no no, so we decided to head to the Mull and find a sheltered spot away from the wind, arrived and after a bit of a trek we eventually found a mark that was fish-able. Bait today was fresh peeler, ragworm and a few whites which proved to be deadly for the pollack. My Daughter took a 2 fish lead, that lead was never to be caught, she ended up with 7 fish:clap: (4 species):clap:.. Total for the day was 13 fish, 6 Pollack, 4 Ballan Wrasse, 2 Corkwing Wrasse and a Coalie, all fish were smaller than what we get at the Port Logan marks but great fun on light gear. My Daughters got this float fishing down to a fine art even telling me when to strike, perhaps I should of listened!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
good fun in this horrible weather, another couple of days to get by the weed and it will be business as normal, plus the evening tides will be better next weekend, cant wait

·
Specimen Hunter
3,281 Posts
well done that lass lol, nice to see young ones getting stuck in :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good fun in this horrible weather, another couple of days to get by the weed and it will be business as normal, plus the evening tides will be better next weekend, cant wait
Yeah looking forward to it, getting a good supply of peelers now so will be itching for a go at the smuts again while there still around in numbers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts