World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 12:15 to 20:00,Tide LT=09:22 HT=15:16,Bait mackie,squid,ragworm,bluey, weather sunny warm water calm.

When i started out today it was actually at Port Logan i headed way over by the rocks in front of fishpond. I made one cast and discovered the place was full of weed lost both sets of gear from both rods, i actually fell on one of my rods. I think the weed gets swept into this corner. It was then i decided to go back to Terally bay.

Arrived at Terally bay setting up gear and discovered a problem the rod i had fell on earlier the spigot did not go all the way in and it was not coming back out either, tried heating it of car exhaust,coffee sheer pulling power but no way would it move so decided to fish with it as it was. My first cast was tightning up reel and discovered i had actually bent the handle down towards reel and also the part you hold was also bent so got that fixed and got on with the fishing. I had to wait for an hour before my first fish made an appearance but it was worth the wait a lovely size plaice the biggest i have caught for a good couple of years. While waiting for my next fish i seen a guy in a canoe type thing fishing just of the rocks he did not look like he was having much luck, i was actually casting further out than what he was fishing of the rocks. It was over an hour before my next fish but again it was worth the wait as it turned out to be a gray gurnard another new species for my list so that made my day. A little later two guys came down for a chat geordies i think, we chatted for a bit then just before they left i asked if they could possibly help split my rod. This they did with a great deal of effort i have to say but it did split. Had a look could figure out why spigot would go in, picked up a kind of rough stone of beach rubbed spigot down very slightly and aha it fitted no problem and came apart too...sorted. 2 Hours later seen me pulling in another fish this time it was a whiting lovely. Nearly an hour and a half later got my next and last fish a doggy. Not a lot of fish caught but very happy with what i did get.

Next time i go over to MOG i will have to try and get a van or book into a hotel and stay for 7 days if possible. I would like to visit and see around and have a good look around the area.
Not a lot but that's fishing should have had crabs i 'm thinking. The video for this will be added to the first Terally bay video.

Total catch Plaice 1,Gray gurnard 1,Whiting 1,Dogfish 1.

Fish Fish Flatfish Sole Flounder

A nice size plaice.
Fish Organism Marine biology Fish Marine mammal

My first gray gurnard of the year.
Fish Fish Milkfish Pike Barramundi

Another whiting from here.
Tail Fish Fish

Another doggy for me.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys i try my best.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Well, well Mike .......right plaice at the right time;).
Seems like you had a bit of an adventure down there, bad luck with the rod, but great resourcefulness(longest word I've came out with for a while, wish I was playing scrabble).
Another 3 species to the list as well.
Sometimes when you go fishing things like that happen to us, but we get by.
It makes the trips( sorry Mike, didn't want to remind you;)) more memorable, apart from the fish and we can have a wee chuckle to ourselves at a later date:).

Yet another great report and thanks for sharing.

Cheers willie

Reactions: peeler3

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, well Mike .......right plaice at the right time;).
Seems like you had a bit of an adventure down there, bad luck with the rod, but great resourcefulness(longest word I've came out with for a while, wish I was playing scrabble).
Another 3 species to the list as well.
Sometimes when you go fishing things like that happen to us, but we get by.
It makes the trips( sorry Mike, didn't want to remind you;)) more memorable, apart from the fish and we can have a wee chuckle to ourselves at a later date:).

Yet another great report and thanks for sharing.

Cheers willie
Thanks Willie, a lot of my trips are like that fishing alone 99% it's the only way it can be lol. How many attempts did you make at that word to get it spelt right :rolleyes:. You've got to laugh.

Nice bit of variety Mike well done thanks for sharing cheeers the noo
Thanks John.

Reactions: neptunes

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Resor.......resore........resourf......resoure........ Not many Mike ;)

Thanks Willie, a lot of my trips are like that fishing alone 99% it's the only way it can be lol. How many attempts did you make at that word to get it spelt right :rolleyes:. You've got to laugh.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yip it was that Rab, i wouldn't mind catching more plaice of that size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.