World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 10:15 to 18:00,Tide LT=08:41 HT=14:36, Bait mackie,bluey,sandeel,rag,lug,
weather light wind and sunny,

Woke up thurs morning feeling fit which was just as well for i intended to fish West Tarbet bay the rocks a place i must admit i really do like fishing. I could have spent all my time fishing that spot and not be disappointed. So headed up the wee hill then doing my mountain goat impression getting across the rocks, with 3 rods and my tackle box i forgot to bring rucksack. I reached where i wanted to be ..disaster i had forgot my camera tripod on that terrain it was really needed i managed to place it on the rock and made video that way not the best but had to do. I was surprised i thought someone else might appear through the day but all alone.

Started fishing with 2 hook 1/0 paternoster one rod 5/0 pulley and my spining rod set up with a float. Knowing how this place can fish i was looking forward to a good sesh and it never let me down...you can keep your flat rock...Just over half an hour in seen me pulling in my first fish a pollock soon after seen me pulling in another pollock this one was caught on the float great start i'm thinking. Another 15 minutes seen me pulling in a nice doggy my first of the year,another hour seen me pulling in another pollock. A bit later seen another pollock coming to land followed by another wrasse i presumed to be a corkwing no idea why i thought that but it's a ballan nice fish all the same. Soon to be followed by another pollock ten minutes and another doggy makes an appearance great fishing i would have been happy with my catch so far but it continued. Another variety of fish this time a coalfish a while later up comes another pollock closely followed by another ballan wrasse. Next up was another pollock then another pollock and finally another ballan wrasse the biggest today a good way to end the sesh.

Ragworm ,sandeel were the main baits to catch fish mackie took a couple of fish too.I done something to my ankle turned out to be just a strain climbing over the rocks and my legs hurt a bit after that to. It not just the fact that you have to walk across the rocks to get to where you fish but where you are fishing is not level or flat at any point so even just getting to bites and landing fish means climbing across rocks.Trying to catch me reeling in fish on video and getting fish to camera was really hard going without the tripod. Here's me saying never fish that place alone ....and i do it.
Catch total Pollock 8,Dogfish 2,Ballan wrasse 3,Coalfish 1. A good sesh.

Vertebrate Fish Fin Marine biology Fish

My first fish a pollock.
Organism Vertebrate Adaptation Marine mammal Aqua

A nice doggy
Fish Fin Teal Marine biology Fish

My first ballan of sesh.
Vertebrate Fish Tail Fin Marine biology

Another doggy
Organism Vertebrate Fish Fin Azure

The one and only coalfish of sesh.
Vertebrate Fish Fin Teal Marine biology

My biggest pollock.
Organism Vertebrate Fish Fin Marine biology

My biggest ballan wrasse.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bert great place to fish that just a sod of a place to get at.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nicely done you always seem to get something. Just discovering the mull will have to give the mark a try on my next trip.

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
648 Posts
Great session there, a good variety of species to keep you on your toes !

Cheers Al.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great report , good fishing
Thanks Kev.

Nicely done you always seem to get something. Just discovering the mull will have to give the mark a try on my next trip.

Cheers
Darren
Thanks Darren, some say i'm lucky i say nope it's just the hours i put in i won't give up.

Great session there, a good variety of species to keep you on your toes !

Cheers Al.
Thanks Alan it's always good to get something different from the normal run of fish from this side of the country and good to get away for a bit.

Nice one man.
Thanks isleander.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
That's a good wee session Mike, he who dares.....;).
Plenty of fish for you to film, think you need an extra pair of arms like a gargoyle, no easy task:).
To keep you feet too on the uneven surfaces, legs like Michael flattery, lol.
No doubt your multi talented Mike, great report as always.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Willie

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that Willie, yeh if anyone ever says to me making those films must be simple i'll show them the reality. Trying to reel in fish switching on camera and as you say dancing around the stones. Maybe i should get someone else with a camera to make a movie of me making a movie. There's been a few times i've actually lost fish trying to get camera going etc.

Reactions: neptunes

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
I bet it ain't easy Mike, but it's worth it.
That's another hobby which captures and to an extent relive the moment.
A photos great, but with a film you get the feeling, you could be there.
All the emotions, the highs and lows.
Great to watch, they also keep the fishing mojo there, when we can't get out.

Cheers Willie
Thanks for that Willie, yeh if anyone ever says to me making those films must be simple i'll show them the reality. Trying to reel in fish switching on camera and as you say dancing around the stones. Maybe i should get someone else with a camera to make a movie of me making a movie. There's been a few times i've actually lost fish trying to get camera going etc.

Reactions: peeler3

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Fished 10:15 to 18:00,Tide LT=08:41 HT=14:36, Bait mackie,bluey,sandeel,rag,lug,
weather light wind and sunny,

Woke up thurs morning feeling fit which was just as well for i intended to fish West Tarbet bay the rocks a place i must admit i really do like fishing. I could have spent all my time fishing that spot and not be disappointed. So headed up the wee hill then doing my mountain goat impression getting across the rocks, with 3 rods and my tackle box i forgot to bring rucksack. I reached where i wanted to be ..disaster i had forgot my camera tripod on that terrain it was really needed i managed to place it on the rock and made video that way not the best but had to do. I was surprised i thought someone else might appear through the day but all alone.

Started fishing with 2 hook 1/0 paternoster one rod 5/0 pulley and my spining rod set up with a float. Knowing how this place can fish i was looking forward to a good sesh and it never let me down...you can keep your flat rock...Just over half an hour in seen me pulling in my first fish a pollock soon after seen me pulling in another pollock this one was caught on the float great start i'm thinking. Another 15 minutes seen me pulling in a nice doggy my first of the year,another hour seen me pulling in another pollock. A bit later seen another pollock coming to land followed by another wrasse i presumed to be a corkwing no idea why i thought that but it's a ballan nice fish all the same. Soon to be followed by another pollock ten minutes and another doggy makes an appearance great fishing i would have been happy with my catch so far but it continued. Another variety of fish this time a coalfish a while later up comes another pollock closely followed by another ballan wrasse. Next up was another pollock then another pollock and finally another ballan wrasse the biggest today a good way to end the sesh.

Ragworm ,sandeel were the main baits to catch fish mackie took a couple of fish too.I done something to my ankle turned out to be just a strain climbing over the rocks and my legs hurt a bit after that to. It not just the fact that you have to walk across the rocks to get to where you fish but where you are fishing is not level or flat at any point so even just getting to bites and landing fish means climbing across rocks.Trying to catch me reeling in fish on video and getting fish to camera was really hard going without the tripod. Here's me saying never fish that place alone ....and i do it.
Catch total Pollock 8,Dogfish 2,Ballan wrasse 3,Coalfish 1. A good sesh.

View attachment 499890
My first fish a pollock.
View attachment 499898
A nice doggy
View attachment 499906
My first ballan of sesh.
View attachment 499914
Another doggy
View attachment 499922
The one and only coalfish of sesh.
View attachment 499930
My biggest pollock.
View attachment 499938
My biggest ballan wrasse.
Well you seem to be enjoying yourself which is great, me and conger 11 coming up that way in aug, hes from Oban so knows plenty deccent marks so can't wait.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bet it ain't easy Mike, but it's worth it.
That's another hobby which captures and to an extent relive the moment.
A photos great, but with a film you get the feeling, you could be there.
All the emotions, the highs and lows.
Great to watch, they also keep the fishing mojo there, when we can't get out.

Cheers Willie
I'll go along with that photo's are good but not the same as an actual movie. I'll get them all saved to dvd then later in life when i can't go fishing i can sit and watch them. Should be a good few by then.

Well you seem to be enjoying yourself which is great, me and conger 11 coming up that way in aug, hes from Oban so knows plenty deccent marks so can't wait.
I do enjoy it being out and fishing my favourite time. Hope you get into the fish tight lines.

nice busy session mike, some of the most awkward rocks ive ever fished exist in the solway . very easy to end up with a sore one down there.
cheers rab
Thanks Rab, yeh always to watch around those sorts of places a small slip can be a great disaster.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you Gary.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.