World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
planning to have a day at moggs eye or chapel on 3rd april. anyone else thinking of going then? the weather forecast will be ..... gales/ rain/sleet and snow. if the last time is anything to go by !!!!!!!! high water is approx 1930 hrs
trev:g: :unsure:

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
planning to have a day at moggs eye or chapel on 3rd april. anyone else thinking of going then? the weather forecast will be ..... gales/ rain/sleet and snow. if the last time is anything to go by !!!!!!!! high water is approx 1930 hrs
trev:g: :unsure:

You do know I am on holiday then,don't you?..........

I will be there,(as I won't be going back to Rotherham,just Mablethorpe!),so count me in for Moggs' !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if the missus and little un will tag along,(Leave them to the amusements on site)..............

Lets see what she says..........

·
Registered
268 Posts
hi trev hope you and c/dawg have a good day,,, me and pud are fishing thursday maybe sandylands or salthouse looks like good weather ,,,, spoke to my mate about cromer way he said some cod and bass are about lets hope so ,,,,,how is the humber fishing ,,, hope you are keeping well ,,,,,,,,ray

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi simon/ray. thought you were on holiday that week but wasn't sure. i dont mind if your missus and little one tag along. not a lot being caught in the humber.,. but a few skate coming out along the yorks coast... see n.e. forum under boll****s to the cod. just praying for some decent weather on the day. cheers trev

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
I know what you mean bud.......

No sand and rain storm,gentle breeze from the west,and fish a chuck............

Oh,Sorry bud,I dropped off then !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Like before,couldn't care less about the weather,as long as I am wetting line..

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right There About The Weather. If The Fishing Conditions Are Impossible I Give It A Go.if They Get Worse I Am Tempted To Call It A Day.

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Right There About The Weather. If The Fishing Conditions Are Impossible I Give It A Go.if They Get Worse I Am Tempted To Call It A Day.

Could it get any worse than it was that day Trev ? !!!!!!! :roll1: :roll1:

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yes a lot worse.you want to see it when its blowing an easterly. a couple of years ago i ended up fishing in the car park at huttoft. still got drownded and of course blanked

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
That doesn't sound good !!!!!!!!!!!:giveup: :giveup:

If it's as bad as it was that day,I will be alone then ......... LOL

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
two reasons i went early.one my reel was seized up with sand.two my mate was moaning like hell because he wanted to go home and he was in my car. the first problem i could do something about.( spare reel) the second one i was stumped. be coming on my own next time

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Both mine ended up in the back of the car,still attatched to the rods,because I couldn't undo 'em !!!!!!!!1

Both reel seats are no almost knackered,(I know,shouldn't have bought cheapo rods !!!),but looking to make a few alterations in the rod armoury......

Just got to sweet talk the missus !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
hi simon/ray. thought you were on holiday that week but wasn't sure. i dont mind if your missus and little one tag along. not a lot being caught in the humber.,. but a few skate coming out along the yorks coast... see n.e. forum under boll****s to the cod. just praying for some decent weather on the day. cheers trev
Hi Trev... a guy had 12 cod all over 2lb on saturday morning.... we had a few on sunday morning too..... Chris

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Trev, I might come down after work for a few hours, Whats the tide like, Corndawg, I only have one reel fitting as I've kept the other as a spare, Tight lines Rob.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Trev... a guy had 12 cod all over 2lb on saturday morning.... we had a few on sunday morning too..... Chris
well at least there are still a few about. going to try and concentrate on skate this summer.had them on the boat but never off the beach. a few smoothies and bass would not go amiss either. trev

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Trev, I might come down after work for a few hours, Whats the tide like, Corndawg, I only have one reel fitting as I've kept the other as a spare, Tight lines Rob.
not a bad tide at all .... 6.9 on the evening.

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
No worries mate.........

I am gratefull for your help.

Trev,

Vey similar tide to the one we fished last time...........

What time are you looking at getting there?....

I might get early,with the tag alongs,(wife and nipper),and do a low to high and over........:fishing1:

set up the beach shelter for them if it gets a bit rough,but sadly,no special stew !!!!!!!!! :sad2:

Whilst I am in the area,I am going to try up at the back of the Seal sanctuary,and call in for a pint in the ferryboat on the way back to the caravan........:clap2:

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No worries mate.........

I am gratefull for your help.

Trev,

Vey similar tide to the one we fished last time...........

What time are you looking at getting there?....

I might get early,with the tag alongs,(wife and nipper),and do a low to high and over........:fishing1:

set up the beach shelter for them if it gets a bit rough,but sadly,no special stew !!!!!!!!! :sad2:

Whilst I am in the area,I am going to try up at the back of the Seal sanctuary,and call in for a pint in the ferryboat on the way back to the caravan........:clap2:
gonna try to get there for about 3ish. and fish till about 9ish.

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Sounds good to me Trev......

See you there........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts