World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the trout season is all but over, me and Rodger are back in beach mode :wiggle:. First trip this year was to Mogg's Eye yesterday, managed to get some bait eventually - 2 packs of frozen mackeral left over from last year and some cracking black lug from Dean in Skeggy. Started fishing around 15.30pm, 2 hook flapper rigs on 2 rods. One baited with mackeral, the other with Dean's lug ( 1 worm was enough to bait 3 hooks!).
Got fish from the off, mostly small ting with the odd keeper and small dabs. Didn't have to cast very far either, picking up fish just 30m out. All was going well until I 'birdsnested' and cracked off on the rod/multiplyer - down to 1 rod set up :bangin:. Caught fish throughout the 2 up 2 down of the tide. Cracking nite on the beach with flat sea, mild and light Southerly breeze and pleanty of fish - not to mention the great 'fish and chips' before we started.
Expected to see more out fishing but not a light in sight. The keeper whiting we gutted were full of shrimp. Caught equally well on both mackeral and the lug. Looking at a trip to the Humber next. Tightlines all. Al.O :bye1:.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Thanks for the report. The Tings seem to be getting smaller again in general.
aye alan, your right there mate

another couple of weeks and it will be nowt but dabs n blanks on the coast south of the humber, north of the river should start to pick up tho! fished a lot better over the other side last year after xmas, spurn and further north.

gunna be a waste of worm on the lincs beaches again when the whiting dissapear, unless a few codling make a fleeting visit ( low water fish i bet )??

kris

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
aye alan, your right there mate

another couple of weeks and it will be nowt but dabs n blanks on the coast south of the humber, north of the river should start to pick up tho! fished a lot better over the other side last year after xmas, spurn and further north.

gunna be a waste of worm on the lincs beaches again when the whiting dissapear, unless a few codling make a fleeting visit ( low water fish i bet )??

kris
Hi Kris. Now you've gone and got me all depressed again. Hopefully have a go at Trunch either tomorrow or Saturday evenings [or both!] Alan

·
Registered
225 Posts
fished moggs tuesday from 3pm til 7, 4 of us, fish from the 1st cast, but then as it got dark........... about an hour to high, it went dead, stayed that way an hour to the top and an hour back.......
had a few more after the 1st hour of the ebb, but not many of size
regards Darren

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
fished moggs tuesday from 3pm til 7, 4 of us, fish from the 1st cast, but then as it got dark........... about an hour to high, it went dead, stayed that way an hour to the top and an hour back.......
had a few more after the 1st hour of the ebb, but not many of size
regards Darren
Good info, thanks Darren. Hopefully have a go Friday evening. Depending on what time I finish work will determine how late in the flood I start but reckon Ill only get the last half..................

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Dont remember last year dying of till end of Feb/Early March.

It will still fish :marinheir
optimism is the key factor there bud, fish will still be caught, BUT, the lincs beaches havent fished for owt worthwhile for a few yrs now ( except summer smuts )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.