World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, am thinking Scotstown if it's nice and calm or maybe Boddam rocks or maybe a bit of both.
Another alternative is Slains but that yields mostly Dabs...
I need a Turbot and a Flounder to swell my species list a bit as its looking sparse at the moment. A Pollack would be good as well - not seen one on the East coast yet.

Anyone else got plans for Monday?

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Well, am thinking Scotstown if it's nice and calm or maybe Boddam rocks or maybe a bit of both.
Another alternative is Slains but that yields mostly Dabs...
I need a Turbot and a Flounder to swell my species list a bit as its looking sparse at the moment. A Pollack would be good as well - not seen one on the East coast yet.

Anyone else got plans for Monday?
pencil me in briser wouldnt mind a turbot myself just have to clear it with the missus:giveup:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
pencil me in briser wouldnt mind a turbot myself just have to clear it with the missus:giveup:
its on briser never fished it before so will have to meet up somewhere i can find whats the bait and rigs

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if its Scotstown its a sandy beach so usual 2 or 3 hook flapper I reckon with size 1/0 or 2/0 hooks. Calm conditions usually means you can get away without a grip weight at Scotstown.

I would recommend waders or wellies.

Bait I would say worms and mackie - I have loads of mackie fillets and can bring as many as you want to save you carting them down if you like. I only have one pack of frozen lug and sandeels though.

You come down from North don't you? In that case, we could meet at the Broch and you could follow me otherwise we could dump one car or whatever.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
How'd you fella's get on? The shops were binned this morning for a day of fence painting - how much fun was that... ;( Despite plenty of whinges and whine's on my behalf I couldn't get out of it and I look like the most freckled person ever. Hope you managed a few fish :notworthy

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have posted our report mate - really nice day's fishing and my face is red with sun (again!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.