World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20181008_131846.jpg
So with a planned trip looking to catch a few plaice on Monday some fresh lug was needed. So off down to the beach Sunday evening to pump some lug. With lug secured and wrapped all was ready for my Monday morning start on one of our lovely Sussex beaches.

Plan was too fish two rods using two hook loop rigs baited with fresh lug. Weather was forecast to be a light westerly wind , arrived two and half hours before high tide with a light northly breeze which soon turned westerly as forecasted. First cast out and straight into some rod tip nodding this produced a double shot on one rod and a single on the other rod. Was nice to see the orange spots of the plaice gliding into the beach in the clear sea. After this great start things slowed to a steady run of plaice gracing the beach but nothing of any size.

Just before high tide the fishing picked up and a good run of plaice succumb to my worm baits. Unfortunately this only lasted for around an hour before it slowed to the occasional fish. So now two hours down the tide I decided to call an end to this session. Nothing of any real size today with the best being a plaice of 34cm. with most around the 30cm. Still a very enjoyable session even without a dustbin lid of a plaice to round it off.
20181008_111758.jpg
View attachment 1123355
20181008_112210.jpg

·
Registered
599 Posts
Good report Peter. Steady fishing, even though no biggies. Something nice about catching spotties, handsome fish and not now the rarity they once were off our local beaches. Catch up soon, Bob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts