World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy told me about the monkey pole just out of milford haven today do you know what reef it belongs too????

·
Registered
438 Posts
hi bass buster the pole is at the entrance to millfod haven the reefs are all around it i los t a big bass on a cheap pirk from lidils on sunday there i fish the area at lest 2 day a week and i am still finding more reefs

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Taff

Unlucky about the bass I have lost a couple so far 5 or 6 im up to now

what tides, Tide times rigs wind directions should i fish these reefs.

Thanks a lot
bass Buster

·
Registered
438 Posts
middle tide is best slidding rig 5 onc on any time day or night you will catch if the wind is to bad you can go back into the havenit is very rare that you can not fish that what is so good about the haven most of the fishing is done on the drift you will lose a lot of tackle so make it simple good luck you can catch a lot of sandeall on shrimp rigs

·
Registered
438 Posts
yes but i put a pirk on the bottom i find i get some good fish on the pirk use shrimp rig for the sand ells and 4 0 hokeyerigs for the bigger fish

·
Registered
438 Posts
middle tide height that is ideal but it fishes wellat any time but higher tide faster the water it is a brill place to fish i do not take my boat home to port talbot at all now

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what boat have you got???
Might see you out there on sunday
I go out with my dad as me and my mate cant afford a boat yet!!!
We are trying to get a shetland sheltie or something around them lines
what species am i likely to pick up out there?? are there many mackerel out there
do you fish over mid channel rocks at all??

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just incase the weather is too bad to drift the reefs on saturday is there anywhere inside the haven where i can catch a few polack or bass without going above the cleddau bridge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts