World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick report lads.

Decided to have a crack on the Mullet on Saturday afternoon with Mark aka ~mac~ got to the chosen venue at about 12 and had a phone call off Richy while setting up wanting to know if I was up for an early Sunday morning session down Monk on the Ray’s, yes was the answer and then it was back to the Mullet to cut a long story sort the Mullet didn’t read the script and we packed up at 5ish without even a bite.

Plan was to get an early night ready for Monk but after loading the car and the obligatory Saturday Match of the day I eventually shut my eyes at 12ish having them opened by the alarm clock again about an hour later. Lol!

Pulled up at the gate about 3ish to see that Richy was already there and after unloading the car it was time to tackle the walk through the woods and on to the beach.

Baits were in the water about 4ish and conditions were perfect didn’t have to wait too long for the rays to find the baits and a quick glance to my right and I could see that the Ray master was almost instantaneously into a fish and it wasn’t long before the first Small eye of the session was getting a quick pic and being sent on his way, I had only just returned to my rods and decided on a bait change when once again I glanced right and there was another S/E coming through the surf for Richy, 2 casts 2 fish things were looking good 2 fresh Bluey baits out for me and I didn’t have to wait long before I had a good pull down and a good weight on the other end, after a good scrap Richy went into the surf and returned with a nice S/E and after a quick pic we popped it on the scales and it showed at 9lb which is a PB shore S/E for myself and first Ray from Monk.
That was the last fish of the session as the bites died off and we called it a day about 7ish and made our way back to the cars.

Cracking morning and now for a final session of the weekend on the Mullet again.

I think Richy's going to add the pictures later.

Tight lines all

Matt

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
The pics......................

Matts ray at 9lb 1oz............

A 7lber for me.............

And a small one..............

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
nice one lads 9lb cracking fish ..you gotta watch richie hes a spawny git lol

·
Species Hunter
752 Posts
Cracking S/E there Matt and nice brace Richy :clap2:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
nice sesh there, and a pb very nice well done all

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Starting to get chilly in the mornings now, Always feels colder down there though.
Glad to see you found rays feeding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.