World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Monknash 20th May

946 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bigboydogo 
#1 ·
Bargoed Sea Anglers fished Monknash at the most unsocialable times 1.30-5.30am in the morning two hours each side of low water
There were loads of fish caught including dogs, strap congers, pout, small turbot, small eyed and thornies
Eventually winner with a total bag of 6.90kg which included 7no. dogfish and a small eyed ray of 3.50kg was Simon Clargo who took all the money and the rolling snowball - well done.
Runner up was Jason Stokes with six dogs for 3.48kg
The match was a catch \ release with all fish returned

#7 ·
Long Night!!

We were really lucky with the weather as those winds dropped around midnight and continued to drop up until we finished at 5.30. Got a bit weedy on the first hour of the flood but not much more than usual.

The walk back up wasn’t to bad as I think I was delirious from lack of sleep by that point, By the time we got home I’d been up for 27 hours.

Good to see that most people managed to pick up a fish or two. I’ll be back down there soon, fished it a few times in the day lately but it was definitely better in the dark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.