World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys........thinking of doing monknash tonight .....never fished it before, although I know the beach quite well.......NO IM NOT A NUDIST!!!.....couple of questions....a. is the tide too small , or will it be ok. b. can I park down by the stile instead of the farmers field at night c. hows it fishing lately d. best baits/..peeler?.sandeel?.....would like a Raymond .d. 10mile easterly forecast..will this kill the fishing? Any advice welcome, or a guide for the night would be top.
Nice 1 all. DJ:)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hi guys........thinking of doing monknash tonight .....never fished it before, although I know the beach quite well.......NO IM NOT A NUDIST!!!.....couple of questions....a. is the tide too small , or will it be ok. b. can I park down by the stile instead of the farmers field at night c. hows it fishing lately d. best baits/..peeler?.sandeel?.....would like a Raymond .d. 10mile easterly forecast..will this kill the fishing? Any advice welcome, or a guide for the night would be top.
Nice 1 all. DJ:)
I'm no expert on the place but I've fished it many times.
a) It does fish better on bigger tides, but its worth a try at night. If it were day, I'd say don't bother.
b) Yes you can park by the stile until 1st May (if its not taken already!) at your own risk of course.
C) Last few reports have been fairly poor, but they have nearly all been day reports - night is far better.
d) Sandeel rules for rays but peelers well worth a try this time of year for Bass (and an early hound maybe with this warm weather).
e) Easterly winds suck. In my experience they kill fishing. Why? Wish I knew.
I'd come as well if I could but I have to go to a wedding party (yawn). The only thing that makes me hesitate is that easterly wind. But, nothing ventured....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok m8, thanks for the advice.....sandeel ready....waders packed. I'll post a report 2mo if I catch!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok m8........will be there for 8.....see you there....im in a silver probe....how bout u ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts