World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Monknash beach near Llantwit Sunday morning (nice and early) and took some mates (carp fisherman) that have never tried beach casting before. They borrowed my spare rods and reals and I tied up a load of pully rigs for them and off we went. Weather was lovely and topped up the tan but unfortunately did not catch. My mate on the other hand pulled in a 4lb bass the lucky get. All was not lost though as being a carp angler he said thats nice shall we put it back now? I thought he was joking but he was serious, so I'm having bass for tea tonight after all. I have heard that this beach is fishing quite well at the moment guys and thought that I should share it with you. Cheers.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,214 Posts
Heading down there tomorrow. What bait was your mate using? Hope it wasn't boilies and sweetcorn. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mate had Rag Worm on as bait. I tried everything from Mackie to Crab and had nothing. When I gutted the fish I checked the stomach to see what it had eaten and found three small whole crabs and a couple of sand eels (which looked like the ones that had been robbed from my hook). I will most deffinately be going back again soon.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts