World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok if this is explained in the comp posts, I do apologise but I really can't be bothered to go through all those pages to find an answer that may or may not be there.
Regarding the comp, how informal is it. (Obviously I won't be wearing a dinner jacket.)
but if it involves collecting bags of dead inedible fish, then I'll come down and take part but release my catch. If I do take the shore record I'm sure someone will vouch for me, and it will save me ramming weights down the throat of any fish I catch.
Yeah that 2 stone pouting was never going to win but at least I tried.

Apart from that any tips would be most appreciated baits, rigs casting distance, etc

Oh yeah and I did notice something about a party at a brewery????

mmmnnnnnn brewery

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
its not a comp as such,,,its a get together of WSF members..to all meet up and fish together,,have a few laffs etc....

u catch what you want,you put back what you want....

we'll decide on the day if we have a kitty going..£2 a head or somthing....

But apart from that..its just a day out!! :cool:

(speaking of which,i think ill edit the original post and scale it down.)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 pound a head sounds like a good idea.

Maybe we could even fish as teams each moderator heading a team and having a digi camera or phone to varifiy catches.
The prize, (which could be a create of beer)then awarded to the team with the best catch.
More fishing knowledge would then be shared amongst the team members and greater camaraderie built up.

Although it would mean a little more work for you moderators :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would obviously depend upon the day and whom we could get to verify catches
and of course if anyone’s up for it, but I quite like the Idea of a regional battle.

Of course coming from the valleys and knowing that we catch fish because we need to to survive, we should surely win.

The challenge is out there.

Can I have a bit of your burger ? If we don't catch. Please???? aw come on, please???

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Coming from Swansea, with years of corruption & cheating as part of the curriculum, who wants to be in my team?
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
'Ang on a mo' Skip you've already got a team but with all that walking I'm going to have to seriously cull the normal amount of gear I carry- don't think I'll need the spare jerry can and battery for instance ;)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
charlie the dog has a wooden leg, please can paid4 or blueskip drive us on the beach in their 4x4s (actually it is plastic but we paid extra to have a grain put in it)
have i just gone off thread here? will i now be shot? who will look after the children and lisa? :eek:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
marcus said:
its not a comp as such,,,its a get together of WSF members..to all meet up and fish together,,have a few laffs etc....
Hi Ian,

No problems, I have a feeling, that the rules have been changed again (WSF?)
Welsh Sea Fishing members!!!

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Ian , where's the problem? Obviously Lisa will be doing the barby for the men, the kids can be digging bait whilst we fish, & the dog can hobble around on his 3 legs chasing overweight, wrinkly, nudists, the jobs a good un!
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
blueskip said:
the dog can hobble around on his 3 legs chasing overweight, wrinkly, nudists, the jobs a good un!
blueskip

Skip will you PLEASE promise not to take your clothes off :) :)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
OMG how easy is it to get off topic - sorry mods now what was the question. Ah yes right - Bio - with my former experiance as an "Eviction Technician" in a Nightclub (no I was NOT a bouncer :rolleyes: ) I shall be in charge of the "door" of the beach so to speak. I would describe the dress code as "smart casual"------ so you ain't coming in in those jeans m8 so go home, put on a suit and ... sorry got carried away there for a minute. As Marcus says keep some return some it's all the same (well not really because sometimes the fish ends up back in the water if you know what I mean) As for tips I got one on the tip of my rod but that's all I know.

PS. am in the middle of protracted negotiations with local farmers, Crown Estates and some bloke called Dai I met in a pub last night and have almost secured a deal where we can get access. So there will probably be a Burgandy Discovery and an aged Range Rover giving 'lifts' - £10 cover charge only, some of which may find it's way to charity after various (perfectly legit) deductions have been made. What you mean you've never heard of the Sunshine home in Gower for retired Land Rovers?

PS slight reduction in fares, I mean donations for children and animals, £ legged dogs excepted.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Marcus whatever the kitty i am up for it a day out with fellow members of WSF doing the one thing we all do best.
Blue keep your clothes on m8 in case Charlie finds u?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Jonboy, if you think I am going to do what I do best, on the beach, in front of a load of WSF Members, you have another think coming!
Anyhow, how would I get a Sitka Spruce & a chainsaw onto Monknash Beach?
blueskip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts