World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the clues in the title really, need help in getting to monknash. Where do i start walking from.

P

·
0 Posts
Nicked this from another site. Good old copy and paste:

Via the M4 - From Swansea, Exit the M4 at junction 37 and follow the A48 towards Bridgend. Continue along the A48 and after the 2nd roundabout there wqill be a right turning signposted 'Merthyr Mawr'. Take this road and continue to the end of the road. At the T-junction turn right and continue along the B4265 through St. Brides Major, after leaving St.Brides Major take a right, signposted 'Broughton, Monknash, Macross', and continue along this road until you reach a triangular green. Turn right at this green and drive past the pub continuing along the road. Towards the end of the road is a farm with a car park (nominal fee), PARK HERE. The road continues here for another 100yrds or so. Walk down this road to the end, there will be a gate and footpath you will need to follow on your left hand side. Continue down this track for ¼ hr until you reach the beach. The main beach is then to the right.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
15minute walk! I haven't walked that far since 1977! are we doing selection again? I think I'll set off the day before the comp, & camp out overnight on the way! Or I'll stay at the pub (but that wont shorten the distance will it)? If I take my bike I wont be able to pedal it with all the gear I have to carry! Do we have a volunteer to carry me? Marcus what about you?
blueskip

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its a little more than 15min fellas plus you have to walk accross the ledges to get to the beach!! And also its all up hill on the way back.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Last time i went there with Valley boyo we timed ourselves it was about 15mins on way down to get on the sand, and 30mins to get back to the car park.

I thought we did quite well as it was pitch black on the way back, I think in the day it would take around 20 mins to get back to the carpark

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Can I do an amphibious landing, & get casevac by helicopter to cut out the walk, I have come over all unnecessary already! Woe, woe & thrice woe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Marcus, why didn't you pick a nice easy venue like Brand has done! Folding chairs, 3 rods each, no weight restrictions, NO LONG WALK (except along the pier), doubtless loads of growlers at high water, no ambulance in attendance, & no prospective bare a****s patrolling past us!
blueskip

·
Registered
142 Posts
you lazy lot! :)
we have a two and a quarter hour drive before we even get to monknash, which will probably turn into three/ four hrs if we get lost! I for one will be glad of a walk after spending that long with three kids in the car, well four if you include Ian :D
Glad you asked that Q sir fishalot, now we don't need to.
copied that phil, just have to remember to print it off now & take it with us, as the last time we went to Wales we forgot to take a map, Got lost going and coming home! :)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Lisa, would it be politically incorrect to ask, "who was reading the map when you got lost"? I rest my case!
blueskip

·
Registered
142 Posts
Blueskip, we forgot to take a map, so as Ian was driving it was his fault we got lost ! (I cannot be blamed as I don't drive) I will also point out that the person who was driving somehow managed to get in the pathfinders and therefore should of known where he was :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts