World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading a few of the threads, and noticed monknash has been proposed as one possible venue for the comp.
There isn't much I could find on this site or a few others about the fishing there so would be happy for any information.
Ie what is the bottom like (I did notice something about ledges), how far does the cast need to be.
and what fishies live there etc.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
sand is to right of venue, in direction of porthcawl, a 5 minute walk from access.

Rays, dogs, smoothound

Straight in front of and to left of access, in direction of nash , is rough, conger, dogs, bass.

In general , thats how it runs

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
The times I been there with Valley boyo we fished the sand at low and we have caught ray and doggies there.

As for casting distance I don't consider myself that big a a caster just average (If I can catch there I'm sure others can)

Main baits would be fish baits (sandeel in particular) and perhaps a crab or 2 just in case the smoothies are present

·
Registered
737 Posts
dont say things like that barrel as the only time i fished there this year i blanked.

·
Registered
383 Posts
cant go wrong on the sand all clean ground when you reach the beach try using sandeel squid wraps,have caught all my rays down there on it.but as you see from my signature success only up to 9lb the magical 10lb still yet to be caught.if using crab try using local crab have not had much success with the "imported devon crab"????which i should in theory have shares in the company as i have spent so much money on them.but im not bitter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Biogenesis said:
Just been reading a few of the threads, and noticed monknash has been proposed as one possible venue for the comp.
There isn't much I could find on this site or a few others about the fishing there so would be happy for any information.
Ie what is the bottom like (I did notice something about ledges), how far does the cast need to be.
ived fished the monk on many occations and i feel its better 2 fish on low water coming in just cast into the surf and use crab and work your way back up as the tide comes back in should have good results

·
Registered
15 Posts
Biogenesis said:
Try this site www.fiskies.me.uk

·
Registered
113 Posts
monknash beach fishes better over low ,best tides medium size,2hrs down to 3hrs up,can have good results in the day aswell as the the nite tides,allways vary your distance to locate fish,best baits for rays sandeel & sqiud,smoothhounds big squid baits & crab,smoothies mostly show on the flood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts