World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone help me ! looking to go down monknash in the week but dont know how to get there so if anybody could help i would be greatful . and how to fish the venue !

·
Registered
383 Posts
where are you starting from. bear with me clarity not a strong point
if coming from the bridgend area head towards st brides major. carry on thru the village pass a pub (falmers arms) and duck pond on the right, heading towards wick.look for a right turn marked with a sign for broughton/monknash. you will also notice a brown road sign for the plough and horrow inn.if from cardiff area head towards llantwitt major then head towards wick and drive thru wick towards st brides this turning will appear on the left. take this turning and follow this road for a mile or so.you will eventually come across a "small" triangular patch of grass and turn right and the plough and harrow should be on your right hand side.dont stop here or you will never go fishing they serve some lovely beers and ciders plus good grub.anyway carry on down this single track road (double yellow lines everywhere) for about half mile you will come to a tight right hand corner follow the road round and you will then see a farm.there is a public car park in a field on your left .its signposted and will cost you a £1. you will then pass the farm on foot there are sign posts for the beach.carry on down the hill (road) and you will eventually see a gate and sty.this takes you down to the beach via a gulley thru a small wood.when on the beach turn right and head on to the sand and bobs our uncle.fish it at low 1hr or so down and 2 hrs up.checkout www.penarth14.freeserve.co.uk/cwmnash for further info and a route planner via www.theaa.com :confused: :confused: if your going get in touch i might join you

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I rarely fish there, its a bit of a hike, but my mate swears by the place, he fishes high or low, directly in front of the path as you get to the beach, its rough ground here but he loves it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx 4 the directions i cert give it a try more than likely tues or wed depends on the weather im looking 4 my first ray from the shore havnt had the pleasure as yet !

M

·
0 Posts
if ur going to monknash im looking for new venues so i would like to join u if ur going wed or thurs let me know time where we could meet up ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts