World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Guy's

I was thinking of doing a "all nighter" down monknash with a friend this weekend, or maybe the next, we are going to fish the high tide and plan to get on the pebbles infront of the main sand stretch (just under the cliff there) has anyone done this? i plan to stay in the pebbles and set up my bivey, bbq etc

The ony thing im abit worried about is the cliff falling down, or big chunks etc

Do you think its safe? ok? or has anyone have any better suggestions?

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Don't do it this week. The tides are huge and you'll be pushed back to the cliff with no way off the beach, it's too dangerous. Next week on the small tides you'll be fine though, the tide doesn't reach the pebble bank on the neaps, but you'll still be trapped on the beach until the tide ebbs.

Monknash is best fished over low on the big tides anyway. :)

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
You can fish the rocky beach at the bottom of the path over high on big tides, but the sandy beach is a definite no-no! As I said, the tide comes right to the bottom of the cliff on the big tides.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Last time i was was down their all night i could hear parts of the cliffs falling away not little bits of rock either so i would stay away from fising under them on any high tide

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
as rockhopper said, i wouldnt get to close to the cliffs, theres alot of falling rocks.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
fished penarth to the left where the old car park used to be but around again years back.we could see where the last tide came to. the bottom of the cliff we new we wernt going to drown. but we got cut off.for about 2 hours. it felt like alot longer.the cliff face was crumbling. and every10 min or so it would crumble some more .not funny.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Ben ! dont do this as the potential for a rock fall is huge. You can hear them collapse and pop during the winter night sessions during a frost. The cliffs are weakened by frost action and recent rainfall so dont risk it!

Try the mark during 2hrs down and 1.5 hrs back up and its a night venue for best results!

Tight Lines,

nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts