World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that monknash is a low tide venue,but was wondering whether it was any good to fish at high tide at all.i do apreciate though that care would have to be taken to not get trapped against the cliffs on big tides:blink: :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is a ledge around the left hand side as you follow the stream on to the beach. Some friends of mine have fished it over the high on neap tides. The ground is rough but can be productive. On the whole I reckon you would be better off sticking to low water.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a ledge around the left hand side as you follow the stream on to the beach. Some friends of mine have fished it over the high on neap tides. The ground is rough but can be productive. On the whole I reckon you would be better off sticking to low water.

was kind of wondering if it was worth fishing through high tide after doing low,making it a day session so to speak.
know which ledges you're on about...cheers mate:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yep! Its def a low tide venue best fished at night!. For safety's reason dont fish at night during a high tide - in the dark, no-one can hear you scream!.

Seriously, dont get yourself hurt over a few fish - it aint worth it!

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies lads.looks like i'll just try it at low water then:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts