World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from 2.30 til 7.00ish ,i was on the hunt for a turbot, but had no luck except a pout to save my blank . i used rag , crab and sandeel . i was planning on staying a bit longer but dropped my rod in the surf and filled the real with sand ,whilest unhooking a seagull . i think all this bad luck was due to the fact that i didn't take my lucky hat . the weather started off bright and sunny for the first hour and then it turned over cast and cold .there were only two other fish caught 1 dog and 1 turbot at 1 1/2lb, although i didn't see eather ,not a good day for ten rods on the beach .

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
fished from 2.30 til 7.00ish ,i was on the hunt for a turbot, but had no luck except a pout to save my blank . i used rag , crab and sandeel . i was planning on staying a bit longer but dropped my rod in the surf and filled the real with sand ,whilest unhooking a seagull . i think all this bad luck was due to the fact that i didn't take my lucky hat . the weather started off bright and sunny for the first hour and then it turned over cast and cold .there were only two other fish caught 1 dog and 1 turbot at 1 1/2lb, although i didn't see eather ,not a good day for ten rods on the beach .
Hi dai mate hows it going as to fishing monknash mate the tides was abit small for there mate you what to try the big spring tides and night time aswell it well fish a lot better than those small tides i will be going there in may if your up for it for he rays and hounds tag along dude but dont bring that luck hat with you he he tight lines

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
it may be worth wearing your hat dai, even if it does mean ure gonna sweat your teets off!:g:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rockling i no it was a small tide which is why i was try for a turbot, i also would love to join you in may,if i'm not on my holidays
roamer thought i was walking a bit far,after parking at the heliport . hee hee
and King of i think the hat is going to have to be worn all year round , but with a swet band added and toweling undies for my swollops .hee hee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts