World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fishing Witches with Salmon Sunday (nice ray for him there),still not satisfied with my shedload of doggies (they are getting a bit much now)..we decided to fish sker early hours...Sker wasn,t fishing lately so fished Monknash...First time for me......first cast crackoff ,changed reel next cast birdnest+crackoff:banghead:,things didn,t look good....After an hour of no bites for me or Salmon I gets a rattle then a good pull and a few minutes later i,m holding a 9lb 8oz smalleyed after that i get a doggie...All the while Salmon is struggling to buy a bite (his words) and the tide is flying in when Salmon has a nice looking bend in his rod after a nice tussle with and realising its agood ray I wades in and grabs it incase it comes off.Result a 10lb10oz small eyed ray........Hell of a walk (with wet boots going back)but it was a good session for us both, especially my first time....Nice one Salmon well done....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
nice 1 boys you deserve it for fishing them hours:clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry lads it wasn,t my personal best but Salmons .I,m still after the elusive double,i,m 1 ounce short but Salmon beat me to it..i,ve made it my mission for the season to go over 10lb on rays....Good end to the session after a bad start.....

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
WELL DONE LADS !!!! super fish:clap3::clap3: salmon you could have atleast forced a smile lol:)

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
some good rays u caught there well done

·
Registered
698 Posts
well done guys:clap3:, ....hey salmon...smile next time!:):):)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
After fishing Witches with Salmon Sunday (nice ray for him there),still not satisfied with my shedload of doggies (they are getting a bit much now)..we decided to fish sker early hours...Sker wasn,t fishing lately so fished Monknash...First time for me......first cast crackoff ,changed reel next cast birdnest+crackoff:banghead:,things didn,t look good....After an hour of no bites for me or Salmon I gets a rattle then a good pull and a few minutes later i,m holding a 9lb 8oz smalleyed after that i get a doggie...All the while Salmon is struggling to buy a bite (his words) and the tide is flying in when Salmon has a nice looking bend in his rod after a nice tussle with and realising its agood ray I wades in and grabs it incase it comes off.Result a 10lb10oz small eyed ray........Hell of a walk (with wet boots going back)but it was a good session for us both, especially my first time....Nice one Salmon well done....
well done boys. 2 nice fish there plus a cracking report :clap3::clap3::clap3:TIGHT LINES

1 - 17 of 17 Posts