World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
unlucky mate, it may be worth trying again in the night. it may have just been one of those days:g: :g: :g:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I fished there Thursday and had a nightmare , changed from a tackle box to a rucksack and forgot to put my bait knife in the rucksack :sad: ( did remember about the knife though .......just as I got on to the M4 :uhuh:
Got down there and found that a bottle of water had leaked out and soaked the rucksack which in turn soaked my back ,trousers and pants :sad:.

I ended up fishing towards the nudie end so I could dry my clothes out :secret: and caught a 6 inch turbot close in on mackerel strip on the first cast but nothing after ,when the tide started dropping I noticed a 200 metre gill net strung across the beach and on investigation I found it had only caught 3 dogs , a small pout and a bass of around 3½ lb from the previous high tide so I gave up and moved further to the right but had nothing.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I fished there Thursday and had a nightmare , changed from a tackle box to a rucksack and forgot to put my bait knife in the rucksack :sad: ( did remember about the knife though .......just as I got on to the M4 :uhuh:
Got down there and found that a bottle of water had leaked out and soaked the rucksack which in turn soaked my back ,trousers and pants :sad:.

I ended up fishing towards the nudie end so I could dry my clothes out :secret: and caught a 6 inch turbot close in on mackerel strip on the first cast but nothing after ,when the tide started dropping I noticed a 200 metre gill net strung across the beach and on investigation I found it had only caught 3 dogs , a small pout and a bass of around 3½ lb from the previous high tide so I gave up and moved further to the right but had nothing.
bloody netters, ruin the fishing they will.

i wud of cut it up, saying that you had no knie hehe

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Hi all,Phil the float and i decided to take advantage of the summer like weather and head to monknash for the day.
We took plenty of sandel and squid and fished for the last 3 hrs of the ebb and the first 4 of the flood.
All i caught was a sunburnt face and neck!
The fishing was pwp,yes we both blanked.There was about 8 others on the beach and we didnt see one fish landed.
This time last year we were catching rays,but later in the summer it went dead.
Maybe this warm weather has killed the fishing early,like it went dead last summer.
Tightlines...................
unlucky on the fishing m8 but u did catch a suntan lol try it night time thats when it fishes better.TIGHT LINES

1 - 5 of 5 Posts