World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After yesterday's post about fishing monknash/marcross I decided against fishing...

Still went for a walk, from monknash to marcross. Returning along the cliffs. (Avoid cliffs in high winds!) I had to sit down on the deck a few times to avoid getting blown away! No joke!!

Has anyone fished the sand between the two points? Looked very bassy today!

Does any one know the history of the wreck half way between the two points?

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Are you referring to the wreck on tusker rock. I had a look on the internet for that area as I was always curious after seeing the boiler high and dry there. I tried to put the article that I read on here. but cant seem to link it. However there were three vessels lost that day. One off port eynon. The vessel on the tusker was attended too by a local tug but it couldn't get near it. And had to abandon his efforts. her and her crew were all lost including a woman and child. Very sad. type in wreck Porthcawl. And its well worth a read. It is headed a very sad day. I think in Total 44lives were lost in a ferocious gale all in the one day. Separate sinkings/groundings.
Keith

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Never knew there was a memorial plaque there, I'll keep an eye out for that come the summer, if my legs will allow it.its a bad enough walk at the best of times. Great fishing though .

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I was surprised at the amount of vessels grounded or wrecked in or around the Nash / Porthcawl. You cant imagine the fear on a floundering vessel jammed on the tusker. Or dragging anchor over the Nash. And no lifeboat to speak of to rescue you in them days. Gee doesn't bare thinking about!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.