World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my old man are going to give monknash a good old fish, tommorow. im going to try for some rays at distance and i heard theres been a few turbut about??

anyone been down there recently??

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
me and my old man are going to give monknash a good old fish, tommorow. im going to try for some rays at distance and i heard theres been a few turbut about??

anyone been down there recently??
Hi pikeman you are going down there on a big spring tide mate if so if you like walk down to wick ledges mate no matter where you fish down there tomor you will have loads of sea weed on the flood tight lines

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH!!!! how sure are you on that weed?

I ****ing hate it when weed does you over, i remember when i caught a monster down there, it was a laod of net from a trawler, half a tree, and a mountain of weed with muscels and weired underwater banacle thins,and about 30000000 of those dodgey sideways lice things,

I rearlly been fanciying monknash for the rays, and its nice easy fishing!!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
DOH!!!! how sure are you on that weed?

I ****ing hate it when weed does you over, i remember when i caught a monster down there, it was a laod of net from a trawler, half a tree, and a mountain of weed with muscels and weired underwater banacle thins,and about 30000000 of those dodgey sideways lice things,

I rearlly been fanciying monknash for the rays, and its nice easy fishing!!
Hi pikeman i am 85% you get weed mate on the flood its a barry 16.1m tide tomor matei fished it last time on a 15m tide was ok untill the flood then you will get sea grass first then the weed will catch onto that tight lines

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that rockiling! will probly try somewhere else, any suggestions for low water tommorow, round that area?? whats wick ledges like i only fished there once

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
one of my favorite marks is this, i fish from low up, mainly in the summer/autunm/spring.
small squid bait cast out about 80yards, you can almost set your watch to it, first water movement will result in bites, i have had several bass here, love it.
the pebbles at high water will give you large mullet. well. you can look at them feeding on the maggots from rotten seaweed. large fish, may be golden greys.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
one of my favorite marks is this, i fish from low up, mainly in the summer/autunm/spring.
small squid bait cast out about 80yards, you can almost set your watch to it, first water movement will result in bites, i have had several bass here, love it.
the pebbles at high water will give you large mullet. well. you can look at them feeding on the maggots from rotten seaweed. large fish, may be golden greys.
Hi woodsy do you fish he left hand side of the ledges or the middle i fish the left hand side and found that out to be good also where the old boat boilers are tight lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts