World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to spend a few hours next week at the above and just wondering if anyone has fished there with any success recently! Also any tips, as I've been told you could easily get cut off on the incoming tide. Will be first time at the venue so just wondering if it's best to go near the point or actually fish from the beach. Access I believe is through one of the caravan parks in New Hedges.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
park out side travane caravan park and walk through using public footpath.bottom of field you, see a sign ,take the one beach,and go down a few hundred steps onto beach.excelent black lug and razor on beach on big tides.if you go left and fish monkstone point there is a likelihood you will get cut off by the incoming tide but if you got your wits about you you should be ok.great bass beach when the surfs up.

don't forget you got to climb the steps back up to the car,id put fish back,lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks roamer, a few hundred steps! That'll be interesting, think I better warn the oldman. Usually fish Amroth when down the caravan but fancy giving somewhere new a go, most probably stay safe with the first visit there and see how things go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts