World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
yesterday my best distance was with 0.28 mm Asso Classic clear and 0.65 mm Ultima Powerflex Orange on 125 grams ;-)

·
Registered
596 Posts
I was using Sakuma Nite Crystal 0.31 and 0.35 which was recommended by someone on this forum. Personally I thought it was shite, both for casting and durability, just my opinion mind. I've switched to Ultima F1 0.35 at the minute, and I can't believe the difference it's made, both in distance and confidence, the latter probably coming after half a dozen chucks. I'm not saying I haven't had a few slight mishaps when I've lost the timing or started forcing it, but I absolutely love the stuff, and might not even bother going any thinner. By the way I'm not an expert in the casting game, I'm still learning and haven't done the 200 yet, but not far off now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow that's thin stuff Cesar, is that with a multi or a FS, the latter I would think?
P-line 23 actually is 0.25 i use it in both reels its the same thin casters cast with 100 grs and believe me its stronger than any other 0.25 line. I got a friend fishing with nanofil 10 lbs i think his measures is 0.18 in a daiwa 7ht. I just bougth a spiderwire glow its 0.14 but measures a little more still is in the box i cant wait to try it. Distances with 170 grs and nanofil its massive and is strong as a very good 0.28. that one in fs yes.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Diawa tournament for me a fantastic line some say expensive but no point having a £500 rod,£350 reel and then scrimping on line..

Rich

·
Registered
596 Posts
Price isn't an issue with me dick, I just want a line that I can get on with, and Ultima F1 leaves most of the others standing, IMHO of course.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was using Sakuma Nite Crystal 0.31 and 0.35 which was recommended by someone on this forum. Personally I thought it was ****e, both for casting and durability, just my opinion mind. I've switched to Ultima F1 0.35 at the minute, and I can't believe the difference it's made, both in distance and confidence, the latter probably coming after half a dozen chucks. I'm not saying I haven't had a few slight mishaps when I've lost the timing or started forcing it, but I absolutely love the stuff, and might not even bother going any thinner. By the way I'm not an expert in the casting game, I'm still learning and haven't done the 200 yet, but not far off now.
Strange you found Sakuma 0.31 & 0.35mm ****e for casting. I think it casts really well, and is soft and supple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts