World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a phone call from a fishing buddy who tells me that Ian Houlton has got an article in TSF, I cant get hold of a copy to verify it, has anyone else seen it ? If he has, then big congrats to him, if he hasn't then I know someone who's gonna get a kick in nads!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not an article as such but a review of his rigs in 'Geared up' on Page 13. About time too!
Had a fair few of Ians rigs which is why I wanted to see the "review" I know another mag that has published reviews on other ready made rigs and rated some of them highly when I know because I have bought them that they are utter carp in comparisson to Moonfleet's so it will be interesting to see whats said! and yes Cascars it is about time, Reckon he deserves a break!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Is there a picture of a dopey looking bint, holding an 8lb 10oz bass in there too?

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
guess ians about to get alot busier

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Aye, well spotted, would like to say it was a deliberate mistake, but it wasn't.
Sorted that typo for you.

Glad Ian has got this review into a magazine finally. He gets that 1 to 1 and the reviews of Joe public here though. Which is worth alot as you can openly have your say.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorted that typo for you.

Glad Ian has got this review into a magazine finally. He gets that 1 to 1 and the reviews of Joe public here though. Which is worth alot as you can openly have your say.
Cheers for that bigads,
I agree with you on that, the buggers on here will speak their mind which is a great acid test if you have a product to sell !

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Do you mean Emma Drysdale, lol? Yes there is:whistling
I'll lay odds she never credited the bloke who had caught a 5lb 12 oz bass earlier in that session. Who then went on to fish a small two-hook flapper, just to catch more livebait, then showed her how to mount it properly. Then, when she finally managed to hook into a fish (after previously losing two very good runs), stayed at her side, coaching her on using her drag, letting the fish take line but never allowing slack line. Then realised that the last 5 minutes of her 15 minute fight, had actually occurred on the Ferrybridge shingle (little wonder I queried whether she actually had a fish or was snagged).

I bet she never mentioned any of that did she?

G

·
I'll lay odds she never credited the bloke who had caught a 5lb 12 oz bass earlier in that session. Who then went on to fish a small two-hook flapper, just to catch more livebait, then showed her how to mount it properly. Then, when she finally managed to hook into a fish (after previously losing two very good runs), stayed at her side, coaching her on using her drag, letting the fish take line but never allowing slack line. Then realised that the last 5 minutes of her 15 minute fight, had actually occurred on the Ferrybridge shingle (little wonder I queried whether she actually had a fish or was snagged).

I bet she never mentioned any of that did she?
I dont suppose you would know who this hero would be, would you:g:. Unfortunately the mags dont give you the chance to put the story with the picture:giveup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts