World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Newhaven Marina, Sussex. 6.4 metre boat is £1480.
Brighton and Eastbourne are about £500 more for the same size.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Brighton Marina now charge £1980 for boats up to 8m.

Alan

15,082 Posts
Burnham on Crouch is £2570 for a 10mt Boat.Brighton is about the cheapest marina on the South Coast thats around the same price as a marina berth in Essex....Marinas further south,on the River Hamble for instance will cost you around £5000 a year for 10mts,thats around 2x as much as Brighton!!

Ron

G

·
Jeez! for some bizaare reason I was expecting it to be stacks cheaper on the south coast, competition and all that, with tons of marinas. I thought it was pricey up her as there's only 2 marinas on the tyne, and the other one is restricted by tide slightly and 2 hours up river!!
The powers that be seem to think we are loaded down here:giveup: . :yucky:

G

·
Burnham on Crouch is £2570 for a 10mt Boat.Brighton is about the cheapest marina on the South Coast thats around the same price as a marina berth in Essex....Marinas further south,on the River Hamble for instance will cost you around £5000 a year for 10mts,thats around 2x as much as Brighton!!

Ron
Ron

Here at Salterns your boat would cost you £6,460 + VAT :blink:

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
It is not just the fees - many marinas have very limited numbers of berths for small boats. They would rather stick a thirty footer on a berth than a 18 footer, in fact last year when I was thinking of switching marinas, Gosport had several berths available but all for 8 metres and above. They wouldn't even consider managing a waiting list for small boats, as less than 5% of their berths were for typical small angling boats.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
It is not just the fees - many marinas have very limited numbers of berths for small boats. They would rather stick a thirty footer on a berth than a 18 footer, in fact last year when I was thinking of switching marinas, Gosport had several berths available but all for 8 metres and above. They wouldn't even consider managing a waiting list for small boats, as less than 5% of their berths were for typical small angling boats.
Thats why Brighton have stopped doing there "small boat offer" because they have too many small boats and the berths they are on will take an 8m boat.
Also a waiting list for the small berths i`m told.

Alan

·
Registered
449 Posts
We have a 30 footer on the Conwy river, draft 1.6m tidal constraints 3.5 hrs either side of High water £850 per annum. Marinas £270 per metre, no contest and there is a launch service from the local sailing club.:boat:

·
Registered
112 Posts
sort of following on from the launcg fees thread, the gist of which works out that its cheaper 'up-north' than 'darn-sarf' so to speak. Is the same true of marina fees??

17foot boat Royal Quays on the tyne costs me £960 per annum
My boat is in dover marina on a finger berth with all time access including free electric and water and with 8 wks free out of the water yard standing including cradle hire. @ £255 per mtr per yr with a min charge for 8 mtrs .

Mine is 8.1 mtrs and i pay £2,065.

Ive just come around to dover from folkestone where i was on a mud berth in the inner harbour and i paid £640 per yr, for the same boat , but with very little facilitys and only access 3 hours either side of high water.

Norse

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Folks,

My boat Kvitstein is 14.95LOA and I pay 200 quid a year for my mooring in Øygarden, just outside Bergen in Norway.

Seems like mooring is expensive commodity in UK because those prices seem incredible...

In addition, with a typical amplitude of 1-1,5m - we have it easy with the ropes also...

Regards,

Kevin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts