World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok need some info here, what species of fish do you catch around the morayshire banffshire coast ?. All i get are flatties and the odd red cod and the odd wrass and of course the mackies. Going to have to get out more and do some roving to see what i can catch and any info or tips would be great ..

Richard..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Iv lived on the coast since January and so far have had.

Sea Trout, Rockling, Dab, Codling, Scorpian fish, rockling

mine im 100% posative are pure luck more than fishing skill tho

Gitty

(Buckie area)

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Pollack from most rocky outcrops,Coalies everywhere,Ling and conger from a few marks and piers,and a few other smaller species that turn up here and there.Have a look at Flounder al's site that should help you out or the Cullen SAC site.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply,s . No dogs or turbot skate or anything like that or is it a west coast run ?..

Richard..
strange init mate, different coast different swimmers,

i always see people fishing neer the car sales place between inverness town centre and bunchrew, mostly at night,

wonder what their targeting, obviously dont want anyone seeing them, no tilleys no headlamps,

mmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe they know something we dont

iain

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply,s . No dogs or turbot skate or anything like that or is it a west coast run ?..

Richard..
you will get turbot from lossie all the way to scotstoun they seem to like the sandy beaches and i have got mine on all sorts of bait there are some dogs up here as they are released from the breeding program at the banff sea life centre never heard of skate here though :secret:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyone have plans this weekend for the Moray coast? I was thinking about a bash on friday evening as high water is around 10ish. Not sure where yet, maybe Kingston or Portgordon west beach.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi GasHed
We are off to Kingston (weather permitting) for the 10 pm HT on friday. May see you there!!

TTFN

Dippydog

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You have to remeber it is early for most species yet but hey fish are being caught so give it a bash. Portsoy rocks might be ok for Dab,Saithe, Straps and Pollack if they are about SBS.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Best of luck to ya all, wife is home from hospital so i hope to get out this weekend :clap3: , Just to relax lol.. let us know how you get on..

Richard.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm going to pick up a seatrout permit from the Elgin angling centre tomorrow, just to avoid any possible hassle down at Kingston.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Thats it GasHed think that your going to catch and when you don't you've still enjoyed yoursel. Unless its blownin gale and rainin cats n dogs and your flotation suit is leaking ha ha.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
51 Posts
Doh Oh!!
Can't go this week - My fishing friend called me to say he is in the midlle of "Man Flu" !!!! We all know how bad that is?.

Not worry though, other plans arranged for Friday, - mind you, it is forecasted a westerly winf (18mph) and only 6 degress, Could be a bit cold and draughty out there.

Good Luck to all this week end, tight line etc.

TTFN
Dippydog

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
going to give portknockie a try this saturday i will get a conger from there before i retire :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had a 9lb conger from portknockie at the end of last summer, but I also blanked a few times there whilst targeting conger. I found cullen harbour to be more consistent for them, never failing to hook into one the few times I tried it. The biggest being a 12lber.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
I had a 9lb conger from portknockie at the end of last summer, but I also blanked a few times there whilst targeting conger. I found cullen harbour to be more consistent for them, never failing to hook into one the few times I tried it. The biggest being a 12lber.
any particular point on the wall gas hed never tried cullen harbour

1 - 20 of 66 Posts