World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any of you guys out there that have fished the firth on the Black isle side.
It's a fair old hike from glasgow and space in the motor is at a premium ... ( you know the story - so is it worth the bother??)
Mid July is the time frame - come on guys -there needs to be more to it than Dolphin watching...?!
7 & 11 year olds "on board" for their first proper crack at sea angling - they'll post the feed back!
Gus.

F

·
0 Posts
Only fished around the Cromarty Firth/Connon Bridge area sorry. Very weedy but ok for flatties.
This time of year though if you an get to a decent set of rock marks then the mackerel, coalfish, wrasse and pollock should be around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers al. - we're going to be based right on the shore, a bit further in from where you've been. It'll be interesting to see what we get. May do a couple of night slots as well - thanks for taking the time to reply - we will report back - if it's not toooo painful!!
gus.

F

·
0 Posts
Along the coast the flatties are always a good bet. They normally fall to lug and squid combos. I shall pm you with a place to dig lug.
Cromarty and Sutors of Cromarty are good places to fish according to a few friends i have contacted.
Rosemarkie Bay has a decent beach and Chanonry Point near to Fortrose junts out into the firth so should have a decent tidal flow passed it.

I fish near to Elgin mostly as thats the nearest place to where i live. I have only occasionally fished Connon Bridge. Invergordon abit further north is quite good as well. I know the area quite well as i have alot of relatives in the area. Mostly near Dingwall and Invergordon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts