World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out setting a creel from the shore between Hopeman and Lossie and spotted two fish drifting about the rocks.

Probably about 40-50cm and around 2lbs. I think they are probably mullet but not certain. Can anyone confirm Mullet in the area or suggest what they might be?

I took the photos through my polarised sunglasses so they are not great but if you zoom in I think you can see some lateral stripes.
IMG_20200731_171125323_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200731_171050498.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Was out setting a creel from the shore between Hopeman and Lossie and spotted two fish drifting about the rocks.

Probably about 40-50cm and around 2lbs. I think they are probably mullet but not certain. Can anyone confirm Mullet in the area or suggest what they might be?

I took the photos through my polarised sunglasses so they are not great but if you zoom in I think you can see some lateral stripes. View attachment 1291249 View attachment 1291251
Very hard to tell from the pictures.
Could be sea-trout......I've seen them mill around the margins before, close in like that.
Seen them numerous places doing that, barely couple of feet of water over their backs.

·
Sea Trout Fan
5,974 Posts
Every chance they could be mullet.
Small groups spotted at Portnockie harbour lately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts