World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
With a few decent worms still left, and mixed odds and sods of frozen stuff from the bottom of the freezer, it was back to the same spot that gave me a fish on Thursday. Yesterday - Saturday afternoon - the beach was heaving with anglers and a strong southerly wind pushing the 7 m tide up the beach there was not much sand left. Not much coming out either, as I walked along to the far end of the line to find a space with a bit of room. First cast success again, with a codling 42 cm tripping the lead then coming in sideways as foul-hooked on the back, difficult to land with the backwash surging. A run of small whiting and dabs as it got dark. Wind picked up and the rain arrived right on 6 pm as predicted by the MetOffice, then a good bite on the close-in rod gave a nice codling 48 cm to finish with. I'ld be happy if the winter continues like this.

Note - on the way along the beach, there was a dead haddock washed up. Must just have been caught and thrown back. There've been a few in the catch reports recently, which makes sense as there was a huge year class in 2019, these fish are now just big enough to be caught. Might be worth setting out to target one with mussels.

Attachments

Registered
There's plenty of fish coming out, at a lot of marks. I seem to be picking the wrong options at the minute though. I went for an hours walk this morning and a bloke had 2 cod, one was 10lb 4oz and the other 4lb odd, very nice fish they were too.

Registered
There's plenty of fish coming out, at a lot of marks. I seem to be picking the wrong options at the minute though. I went for an hours walk this morning and a bloke had 2 cod, one was 10lb 4oz and the other 4lb odd, very nice fish they were too.
Some nice fish them. Was this at a mark accesable to a 62 year old with dodgy knees. Or, one of the many marks up that way that require an ability to scale slippery clay cliffs. Only asking as I like it up there, but a 370 mile round trip is a bit of a sod when it turns out to be one of those 'you should have been here yesterday' sessions. 馃檮馃槀

Registered
10 yds on flat concrete, but it wouldn't be fair to say exactly where, although it's not far from King George Dock in the wonderful city of Kingston upon Hull. (y)

hasnt fished badly that side so far this year
few showing all the way from makro down to old hall
some pigs in there as well

rumour of a 22lb cod from barton over the weekend, havnt seen any pics, but assured its 99.9% true
left of the bridge, on the edge of one of the sandbanks over the last of the ebb, nr the brickworks?,
not a long chuck to the southern edge of the channel apparently

1 - 8 of 8 Posts