World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with a friend of mine yesterday on his boat conditions were pretty poor with a strong s/easterly wind against tide provided us with a bit of a challenge getting to the mark with a good 2mt sea around jacamans we ran out side the buoys to try and get away from the big seas we finally got on the mark but it was not much better with1.5mt swell it was a bit rock and roll but we had a go I ran one out the back about 30yds on a balloon with a 2lb weight big smashed squid bait before getting the other rod out I was bringing the first one back in a nice 5lb Cod we had a few more 12 in all 2lb-3lb before we made the return as the wind picked up and made conditions a lot worse we only fished for 2hrs at the moment there are plenty of fish about for us lets hope that there is some bigger fish for the commercial fleet to go for out side and they leave this area alone for us boat and beach anglers,for a trip call 07771926590 Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Great stuff Brian. You were splashing a lot coming back to Lowestoft, had some funny angles!!! We lasted ten minutes at anchor - 6 minutes 40 seconds from bait going in to cod on the end for me, a 3lber, as we were about to pull back up and run back in like chickens, that sea was wild! Hope you get a window that coincides with a party because it's going to be huge smiles all-round now they're back on the bottom for the crabs and shrimp I pulled out of mine back home.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We hoping to get away on Friday ive got a full boat I want to go early to get to my mark before the commercial boys start to net the area again you know what I mean bp

·
Registered
839 Posts
Sadly I do Brian :( I can't say I blame them, they have a business to run and are largely hamstrung by the ministries but that one small patch in one big sea would be quite nice to keep as a sport fishery...a one mile square patch at best that would see shore, kayak, dinghy, pleasure and charter boats all able to enjoy some sport. Still, I'm sure they'll hit their quota soon enough, if they haven't already...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Sea dosn't look too bad there in the pic in the first post.
I've got a trawler sitting up in Lowestoft for bad weather. Unfortunately it now looks like I've got to get on it myself on Monday..
It won't be fishing mind, we'll be 50 mile out for 10 days on a windfarm survey.
Whats the sea state like now then fellas?

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you worried about the commercial fleet then why put everything on here and every other website????

·
Registered
839 Posts
Perhaps because it helps inform other anglers too? Most of the local charters and kayaks fish this patch and, being only a few hundred yards from shore it's a good indicator of what's happening for those who fish with sand beneath their feet, forums allow people to get value from their bait, helps the diggers, shops etc too. The commercials aren't there because of the reports, on this occasion at least, they've been working it with mid-water nets for a week or two while the cod were hitting the sprats and were out at the weekend too when they started feeding down the bottom again. And they were shooting lines there not so long back too, it's a well known local mark and has been for decades. But they're not getting the better priced fish in tight, No-one's saying they shouldn't fish here, just that it'd be nice if they didn't. Beach, kayak, charters are all fishing for pleasure and are happy with some of these smaller, less valuable fish for the table. Like I say I don't blame them, have never had a problem myself with commercials.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put my reports on this and as you say every other site because they are genuine reports as to inform my fellow anglers what is happening in and around our area,it gives other anglers a chance to get a few fish I cant help it if iam a very good angler and I can find fish when others cant at least I try and put them in the right direction I think that is a good enough answer to your comments

·
Registered
181 Posts
ha ha i find it really funny that on a website with a catch report page,which is there for people to post whats going on to try and help others that some say why post your report on here and other sites!!!! the answer is in the title boys, but then there are a lot of people who use the site to see whats going on but cant be a$%ed to post themselves.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hope you get the w######s sorted Rob I don't know about tomorrow yet but Monday is looking good at the moment if you are about and not going if you fancy a trip with me give me a call the bait will be ok cheers

·
Registered
190 Posts
BP keep the reports coming , always an honest insight into what's happening . As for Monday looks fishable but wet , might even be tempted myself .
Steve

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
well done that man on informing others were to catch . we all should help fellow anglers on good fishing spots that's why we go to catch fish . despite the fact you might be telling someone with a great big net and ballsing it up for your self at least reporting your catch gives others confidence to get out there give it a go and just possibly hooking a good one .the forum is here to help others yes.

·
Registered
839 Posts
See you in the Roads Brian. I hate fishing in the rain - in fact I hate the rain - but Monday is getting the full works. probably be three of us getting soaked and miserable... if the kettle's on at slack expect a visit :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts