World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing for me this time but Mr Wright is off the mark with a little schoolie but no photo so it dont count and Mr Barlow is on fish 2 which came in at around 48cm - both caught on kommomo JFP...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Not so dumb now:idea:

See you are sneaking up on them bass now in the hours of darkness.

Could you be doing it the wright way?

Haven't you got jobs to go to.:fishing:

Think this could be an epic year for your crew:victory:

Thanks for the report and photo:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Top one boys - a couple more quick as you can now - will put you ahead of the little un lol :roll1:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Not so dumb now:idea:

See you are sneaking up on them bass now in the hours of darkness.

Could you be doing it the wright way?

Haven't you got jobs to go to.:fishing:

Think this could be an epic year for your crew:victory:

Thanks for the report and photo:thumbs:
Big changes this year manic, we get on the road after work at 17:00, fish from 19:00 into dark at 11:00, drive home, get in bed for 01:30 and struggle like mad the day after!

I ain't had a night fish yet myself but there can't be long now :bleh:

Good luck for the year ahead.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Nothing Dumb about you lot, you are out fishing while the rest of us are either on here or watching the telly.:eek:hmy:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Big changes this year manic, we get on the road after work at 17:00, fish from 19:00 into dark at 11:00, drive home, get in bed for 01:30 and struggle like mad the day after!

I ain't had a night fish yet myself but there can't be long now :bleh:

Good luck for the year ahead.
Yikes... that's commitment... fair play :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Good work... Thats a lean looking fish that one... Looks like the shape of bass we hook into here on the north coast of Cornwall. Here's a thought though... All the fish look lean this time of year, well overdue a good couple of months warm water feeding but come summer time our bass here still have that lean look to em compared to the fat and lazy looking bass the boys pull out of the water on the south coast. It gets said on here that doubles don't give a good account of themselves compared to say 6/8lb fish but the guys that make that claim are all on the south coast where they get very little swell. I would say this is probably the reason why because they are fat and out of condition fish....Hook into a big bass round here and it's like trying to slow a submarine!!!

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Keep trying Gregsie and I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before you open your night time lure account :thumbs:.

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,620 Posts
I would say this is probably the reason why because they are fat and out of condition fish....Hook into a big bass round here and it's like trying to slow a submarine!!!
wondering how you would know a big bass goes like a submarine
when it says on your profile , that your pb , is 6 .5 pounds :cc_surren

big bass are older ..

having caught lots over 8 ,,,

i would say the fight is different ...

not tear about and speed

but FAR MORE POWER , you cant really stop a double getting its head down and boring off .

but its a slow dogged power , with deep powerfull head shakes ,

where as most 6 to 8s even 9s , are leaner and there fore built for speed ..

when a bass gets to 10 pound its about 76 cm , at 82cm it could be 12 pound ...

so 6 cm two pound heavier ,,, reason it gets a big gut ,,,, get up to 90 plus its 16 pound odd

so 5 inches longer 6 pound , when they get heavy and gutty , they slow down in fights ..

im sure a LEAN 12 pounder would go like clappers ...

not seen lots of pics of lean doubles , reason ... when there lean there early hungry fish out

of condition ...same fish end season, all feed up , nice plump , looks better , but still

not great fighter imho ..

Hope this helps bruvahaze :fish::sun:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Errrr thanks for your help mark.... Dunno if I would have made it through the day without that!!! Pb on a lure 6.5.... Lost a submarine of a fish last year down to tonnes of swell making landing it impossible..... That fish ran so hard, no stopping it... Rod bending through the butt.. You know how it goes. Plenty of good big bass on bait back in the day in Brighton but they don't count. I know the score mate. :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Bruvahaze! how dare you even comment, i hope youve been lectured and learned your lesson!!

your right though Bass on the North coast are leaner and the South coast produces short fat ones... bit like the people! if i lived down there and couldnt surf id be short and fat too... but my profile would have a 13.9 SHORE CAUGHT BASS on it as id be so bored as id spend all summer fishing every day and all winter on the wsf forum ranting about it!!!

you of all people knows what a real donkey feels like on your end of you line... you should probaly undate your profile more often and stop being so modest!

p.s. hope he sees the funny side! lol

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,620 Posts
Errrr thanks for your help mark.... Dunno if I would have made it through the day without that!!! Pb on a lure 6.5.... Lost a submarine of a fish last year down to tonnes of swell making landing it impossible..... That fish ran so hard, no stopping it... Rod bending through the butt.. You know how it goes. Plenty of good big bass on bait back in the day in Brighton but they don't count. I know the score mate. :)
Lol
My bait ones never went that well , cause I used tackle a bit over gunned for them ..
Bad luck on the huge fish you lost , how did you not know it was a Dorset 7 ,
Popped up on its hols , if you never landed it ,
Had 4 pounders bend my rod to its butt in swell .
Had 4 pounders fight so hard , that when they come out under 5 pound ,
You really can't believe it :cc_surren
Striker j my pb was bait caught .
Never got over 12 lure caught ...
I'm taking it , you have had a huge donkey on bait bruva haze
Respect :bb:
Any way , top names say bass don't fight at all :rtfm:
Lol ...
Good enough for me , I'll never afford GT s , bill fish etc ...

Striker j , always see the funny side ,
Short and fat like the people lol ..
Take it your fast and lean , like a racing snake :nerd:
Good luck to you both for coming season :fish:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts