World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone bothers to fish the bay or north west region after long spells of rain as we have currently had. Obviously the numerous rivers flowing into the bay will be swollen and pumping massess of silted fresh water into the bay. Does this drive the fish away until more settled weather?

G

·
0 Posts
Probably, although as bass and flounder swim well up the estuaries, they can obviously cope with lower salinity. Judging by the River Kent in Kendal, there will be an awful lot of debris which won't help.

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
looking at our local river [kent] and thinking about the other rivers in the catchment area, i would expect to see some changes.
as dave says, flounders and bass can cope with fresh and saline mix, but they seem either to go off the feed or drop back into deeper water, when there's a lot of fresh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking over the Winster Valley today and there's a lot of water lying

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask on, but will the lake trout come on a bit after rain. And will the rivers (Kent) need to clear and drop back a little for the migratory fish ?

(I ought to introduce myself, before asking for info: My name's Jim, I live in the S.Lakes. Just got a new bairn, tired & sleepless nights. Love me fishing. Best fish this season saithe/pollack iro 10lb. Lost a nice conger from an Oban mark a month ago. Long term goal: a bass :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts