World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going on holiday on the above dates to morfa nefyn gonna get a couple of days fishin in, but where, what rigs, bait and wtf am i gonna catch??? im sure you lovely north wales can help me out!! :notworthy

also wheres the nearest tackle/bait shop??

and if anyone wants to join me fishing while im down there youre more than welcome to join me!!!

tightlines girls and boys

alan

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
the nearest shop will be in plwhelli,

morfa nefyn beach will gice you loads of species. flounder, plaice, bass loads of dogs especially at night with a chance of a ray or huss. try the rock edges at the end of the golf course for pollock, wrasse and most of the species already mentioned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your pretty much central to attack most of the venues around the llyn penn. There is a bait shop on the main road to phwelli which sells most baits. Its the dive centre pretty reasonable as well. Trefor pier is a guaranteed catching place even if it is mainly doggies at night. Gimblet rock is a good place for majority of species especially bass ( but yet they have eluded me). Most rigs will catch you fish around the area. I favour the wishbone rig it has nt let me down yet.

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Bait shop is called.. CW Marine,

telephone number,,,,,, 01766819190

or caernarfon bait,,,,01286 766099

If you type in morfa nefyn in the search forums at top, there are loads of info on there.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi Alan, I'll be on the Lleyn the week before, near Pwllheli, but leaving on 24th! Would have been good to meet up---I'll be there with the family but hoping to get at least some fishing in---we'll have to compare notes after! Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Alan I fished at Towyn last weekend which is only 6 miles away, caught dogfish and whiting at night, pollock wrasse and 3 small Bass and one mackerel. Lugworm squid and feathers from a little dingy very much inshore

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
going on holiday on the above dates to morfa nefyn gonna get a couple of days fishin in, but where, what rigs, bait and wtf am i gonna catch??? im sure you lovely north wales can help me out!! :notworthy

also wheres the nearest tackle/bait shop??

and if anyone wants to join me fishing while im down there youre more than welcome to join me!!!

tightlines girls and boys

alan
Alan you jammy bugger!!

There was a meet there last April, do a search in this section, loads of info and some cracking pics. You'll love the beach, great for the pan lids and full of fish.
Have fun.

Jason.

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice one peeps!!! any info on bait pumping spots would be usefull too!!!!!

tightlines
alan

·
Banned
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you going to have to go to caernarfon for that. you wont need a pump though as theres loads of worms there right next to the road.
??????????? do tell me more dabcatcher!!!!!! was told you could pump off orfa beach??!!??

tightlines
alan

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Bungle......... pm sent.......

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Bungle I am going to Pwlheli early June and staying at the haven site Hafan y mor I fished there about two years ago and only caught doggies, any info u get on this area would you please pass on. I would be keen to know where u can dig bait etc.
Have not been out for a while but wife has been in hospital since boxing day and with a bit of luck she may be out in 2 weeks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Neil,
That's the old Butlin's isn't it ?
Can you get beach access if not staying at the site, I seem to recall barriers at the entrance.
I will be in Criccieth late May/early June with my kayak and have always fancied fishing that headland just west of Hafan y Mor, Pen y cain? Chain ? or some thing like that, also some reefs quite close in should be worth a visit.
If access is not possible from the holiday park, where do you think is the nearest road access... I can always paddle from Cricieth or Pwllheli !
Thanks
Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts