World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived an hour and a half before high water and set up a single rod with a 2 hook clipped paternoster, bait was black lug which I thawed out in the fridge.The wind was blowing lightly from the west and it was slightly overcast with a forecast of showers.
An enjoyable session that produced a Dab of half a pound, 4 pouting (bait size) and 2 codlets the biggest about a pound and a half.
The predicted showers never arrived.

I also pulled in a complete trace and leader, if you have recently lost a trace and leader at Knab rock and can describe it I'll give your weight back, the trace and line went in the bin sorry.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Nice little sesh Chris, I've been after those Dabs a few times and failed:schmoll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice little sesh Chris, I've been after those Dabs a few times and failed:schmoll:
You need to treat your black lug carefully for the dabs, a week wrapped in newspaper in the shed normally does it.If you can smell them from 20 feet and they are sticky the dab love them.I think "manky" is the correct way to descibe them.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I actually took some manky black lug down last time.....but didn't use it:sad:, I'll have to get back down there.....never mind I'm off to open up the 'van next week and if the weathers good have a wrecking trip after the Pollock

·
Registered
867 Posts
well done mate nice little sesh there with a few different species to go with it.
simon

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Good size codling for down there. 3oz rolling lead connected to a 3/0 hook? Lost one dragging a rock all the way to the wall the other day.
Tidy little session had.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Nice little session Chris! well done for catching few different species! I lost one trace with 3 ounce weight but if you got it, it is your catch now mate! khan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts